Dawn on January 31-February7th

ref9

Does anyone know a web-site or does anyone know if we tender in or anchor in our ports of call.

Feb 2nd Samana, DR

Feb 3rd Tortola BVI

Feb 4th St Thomas

Feb 6th Great Stirrup Cay TENDER

Thanks,

Does anyone know a web-site or does anyone know if we tender in or anchor in our ports of call.

Feb 2nd Samana, DR

Feb 3rd Tortola BVI

Feb 4th St Thomas

Feb 6th Great Stirrup Cay TENDER

Thanks,

I know Samana is a TENDER port

and here is some more info about who is in port

02-Feb-2009Samana, Dominican Republic10:00 AM7:00 PM222403-Feb-2009Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands9:00 AM6:00 PM10890Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Maasdam04-Feb-2009Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands8:00 AM4:00 PM4398Wind Spirit, Oceana05-Feb-200906-Feb-2009Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas10:00 AM6:00 PM2224

Just got off the Dawn and here is what we did:

Samana - tender

St. Thomas - dock

Tortola - dock

GSC - tender

The two weeks before us in St. Thomas we were told that the Dawn had to tender in, even though there was a spot. The folks in St. Thomas were still pretty mad about it because people can't stay on the island as long buying food, drinks, etc when a ship tenders. I'm not exactly sure why the Dawn couldn't dock those times. One of the sheets in your cruise docs should tell you anchor/dock for each port, I just don't remember which page.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved the Dawn.

I'll second that invite to the meet and greet. People cruising with you on that ship are on the roll call part of these boards. We will all be meeting with some of the Dawn's staff on Sun at 10:30 in the Star Bar. Come join us both at the M&G and on our roll call.

Samana and GSC are always tender. Special "landing craft" type tenders in GSC (no dock there) ....ship's lifeboats as tenders in Samana.

Tortola only has space for two cruise ships at the dock, so tendering is a possibility there.

St. Thomas has more docking capacity in two different locations, but is also a very popular destination .... tendering is least likely here, but it happens.

There really is no way of knowing in advance about tendering in Tortola or St. Thomas. If there are only two ships shown to be docking in Tortola, then that is good news. If there are lots of ships shown to be docking in St. Thomas, you really can't tell in advance.

Ladymonty,

I know why the Dawn tendered in St. Thomas on 12/17. I was on the Carnival Valor in St Thomas. We were to be the first in line at the dock since we left there the latest, but due to some terrible weather (worse I have experienced) on the way, we were about 3.5 hours late. So the Dawn tendered its passengers onto the island,and after we docked it did then dock right behind us. How frustrating for the Dawn passengers, crew and islanders.

We will be back there on the Dawn the second week in February (2/7-14). Does anybody know how to figure out which of the two docks we will be using?

Try these web sites for information on the ports. On cruisett are lists for ports and how many ships are in port on a certain date. As mentioned earlier for Road Town, Tortola if there are two or less ships you should be docking. On vinow there is a monthly list of where each ship will be docked or anchored in St. Thomas. In January the Dawn moves around weekly in where it docks/anchors.

Archived