Off cruise ship and on to Disney World...

2-laner

This thread could fall into both this forum and the Disney one, but I am hoping this one will help since so many of you have been a load of help already with our upcoming cruise:). There will be 5 of us getting off the Glory on Saturday morning, and high-tailing it over to Disney World for a day at one of the parks. Then flying out late Sunday afternoon. My concerns are: 1. What is the fastest way to disembark the ship so we can shuttle to Orlando as early as possible? 2. Will the Disney Express pick us up at the airport to take us to our resort there at Disney World, or would we be better off renting a car right off the ship and just drive straight to Disney ourselves? I keep reading that they need your flight numbers arriving and leaving when you use the Disney Express. We will fly out the next day - no problem there - but we will be flying into Orlando the week before for the cruise. Has anybody done this type of arrangement, and what do you recommend? Thanks for your help:)

Call Disney (or your TA) and find out if you are in fact getting the Magic Express Vouchers. You won't need the correct flight/flight number (my flight changed a couple of times from the time I got the vouchers to the time we used them)

As long as you have those vouchers in hand, you can use Magic Express.

So you think you are going to use the cruise transfers to get you from Port Canaveral to MCO (Orlando airport) after the cruise?

Then take Magic Express from the airport to the resort?

I have seen people talk about doing that on the Disboards so I am going to assume you can do it. I am going to tell you though that for the price of the cruise transfers, you can actually get a private towncar pick you up at the airport, take you to the port. Then pick you up after the cruise and take you directly to the hotel. The cost of roundtrip town car for up to 5 people is approx $200. So if you are paying more than that for your family for cruise transfers, then get a private towncar.

I can't speak about the ME situation but I will add that we have used Sunray transportation twice and have been delighted with their service. You'd have to price the various towncar sevices, I think $200 sounds pretty low, most of the companies raised prices recently.

You'd have to price the various towncar sevices, I think $200 sounds pretty low, most of the companies raised prices recently.

I just used Florida Towncar again. I used to pay $180 round trip. It's up to $200 round trip. ;)

If you are paying more then you are paying too much. ;)

Archived