HELP? Cabin number is confusing?

Lynzchat

Hi there-

You all have been so helpful, and I never go a day without checking here, and checking for our cabin assignment. Thanks to another poster, I checked, and we FINALLY got a cabin number.

Now for the confusion, I have no idea whether we got upgraded or not, and worst of all, I can't find our cabin on the diagrams on the HAL site.

We booked an outside balcony BA, but I don't know if any of the letters in front of the cabin numbers mean anything. Our assigned number was 7121, can someone please help me figure out what deck it is?

I'll keep trying, but I saw a 7121, but it has an A7121, and I don't know if I should be looking for a BA7121...how many numbers of the same with different letters are on the ship?

Thanks so much!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, this is very confusing, because I just went on the HAL website, and looked at the pricing of the rooms, and the BA cabins are almost $900 more than the A cabins. So if the BA cabins are more money, and we got a cabin that costs less, does that really mean an upgrade? I'm just curious.

Thanks for the info krazy! You are right, the deck is a better location, I think we are on the deck with the Nepture Lounge, of course, since we are not Suite passengers, we will just walk by and "wav" to all the lucky passengers!:D

In my experience the first digit of the room assigment indicates which level you are on. "7" corresponds with the Rotterdam deck on the Oosterdam which would indicate you have been upgraded to an "A" cabin. Looking at the HAL site shows all of the "BA" cabins are on the Verandah deck with the first digit being a "5".

To be sure, you can contact HAL or whoever you made your reservation with.

Gook Luck and Happy Sailing.

Well, this is very confusing, because I just went on the HAL website, and looked at the pricing of the rooms, and the BA cabins are almost $900 more than the A cabins. So if the BA cabins are more money, and we got a cabin that costs less, does that really mean an upgrade? I'm just curious.

Thanks for the info krazy! You are right, the deck is a better location, I think we are on the deck with the Nepture Lounge, of course, since we are not Suite passengers, we will just walk by and "wav" to all the lucky passengers!:D

Don't woryy about the pricing. For some strange reason Hal does this all the time. You are getting the same type cabin in a better location that costs more. It is possible they bump that price up to get people to book the more costly cabins the closer it gets to sailing. Have a nice cruise.

Anytime we have booked shore excursions on-line, our cabin number appeared on the form.

Also, whenever we have filled out the immigration forms on-line, our cabin number appeared there as well.

If you have booked a guarantee and a cabin number doesn't appear on either of those forms, then you haven't been assigned a cabin.

A dumb question - how do you check your cabin number on the HAL site? I know how to do it for Princess on their personalizer. On the HAL site I know you can log in and schedule shorex, but there isn't a cabin number there.
Hi Jake-

We booked a guarantee cabin, and I checked every day to see when they assigned our cabin. Basically, I went to the immigration form, and completed it, and then when I hit "Print", it showed me the cabin number. I would not have know this, if it wasn't for the wonderful people on this message boards.

Archived