Carnival Waterworks 42” minimum height – how strict?

Presentation

Our daughter is below the 3 percentile for height. She will be double the age of some of the kids on the slides. She is in the unfortunate group that sometime misses opportunities because by the time she is tall enough to try something she is too old to be allowed.

Height wise its going to be close. Per the growth chart she will be 41” tall at the time of our Carnival cruise. I’m considering water socks with cushioned inserts sewn into them.

How strict are they on the 42” height?

Are water socks allowed?

They do check the height when you get to the top of the slide with a height stick similar to that of amusement parks. We were in the same situation with a short child, but they would not budge. We were on the Liberty. I do not know if they would allow the aqua shoes. We did not have any.

My youngest has been in your daughter's shoes - so to speak. ;) She is turning 5 and she still doesn't make that 42" mark. She is just barely 40".

With my youngest, we never even tried. :(

With my oldest, she was JUST 48" tall for the bigger slide that empties into the water. I can tell you that there is a crew member sitting on top of the slides and they do measure everyone. It got to the point where one crew member would say my 48" tall daughter was too short, the next would say she was right at the line. So she would ride the slides like crazy for the crew members that told her she was tall enough...lol.

Kids do wear water shoes on those slides. I've seen them.

Archived