SAGA ROSE, allowed to bring beer/wine on board?

NSWP

G'day. This question is on behalf of a friend who is not on internet. He and his wife are booked on Saga Rose, Apia to Sydney in Feb '09.

'Are passengers permitted to bring onboard small quantities of beer/wine at embarkation and at Ports?'

Thanks in anticipation.;)

Does no one know the answer? I have trawled through many sites trying to find the answer, even Saga site. Can you believe there are no reviews of the ship?

HELP ! BYO Wine/Beer on Saga Rose?

Although I have sailed on another of the Saga group's ships I'm afraid I don't know the answer. What I do know is that on board drinks prices (in pounds sterling) are very reasonable, cheaper than many UK pubs. Apart from port security, no-one seems to take a lot of notice about what you bring on board, so if you have a particular drink you want to take on board I suspect you will be OK. Hope this Helps.

Although I have sailed on another of the Saga group's ships I'm afraid I don't know the answer. What I do know is that on board drinks prices (in pounds sterling) are very reasonable, cheaper than many UK pubs. Apart from port security, no-one seems to take a lot of notice about what you bring on board, so if you have a particular drink you want to take on board I suspect you will be OK. Hope this Helps.

Thanks Engineer38, will pass that on. Happy New Year.

I looked up SAGA cruise brochure. There is no mentioned of regulation regarding bring your own liquor/beer on board ship in port. Therefore I assume you are free to bring your own liquor.

Thank you very much.

We have recently seen your question in relation to taking alcohol on board the ship. For clarity, unlike most other cruise operators, our passengers are able to take alcohol on board our ships. However, prices on board Saga ships for alcohol and wines are amongst some of the lowest of any shipping company.

We hope your friends have a wonderful time on board our Commonwealth Cruise.

Saga Holidays Limited

We have recently seen your question in relation to taking alcohol on board the ship. For clarity, unlike most other cruise operators, our passengers are able to take alcohol on board our ships. However, prices on board Saga ships for alcohol and wines are amongst some of the lowest of any shipping company.

I would like to second this comment. I have 33 days onboard the Saga Sisters and, although I drink only water, I heard enough positive comments onboard to check the drinks menu. I was gobsmacked to see the quite-reasonable prices of Saga Cruises.

My American friends have often complained about the $8-$12 per drink on American ships. Since we now have the official word from Saga, enjoy!

Ruby

What a great response, thanks Saga Holidays and Saga Ruby. I have passed that on to our friends Jim and Reiko, joining Saga Rose Apia to Sydney. Cheaper drinks on board and a little byo, way to go.:p

Now you have got me interested in a Saga cruise, maybe from UK next year, am committed this year.

Happy new year to the Saga people, great bunch you are! :eek: Great to see Saga perusing the CC boards.

Archived