Roll Call - Voyager of the Seas 2-22-09

txameriman

Any suggestions on how to get in touch?

Doug:

My partner (also named David) is on the cruise with a group of about

25 and I am tagging along to relax while he is doing that. However, we

both would never miss an opportunity to play trivia. Expect to see us at any trivia or name that tune listed in the events onboard.

We could also email off of here and arrange that way, if you wish.

I am on a cruise immediately before this one, so we could set things up now before I will be out of contact as of February 5.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been looking at this cruise for awhile now. My partner & I will join in if things work out at my job next week. My boss is gone this week, and I have an employee out on medical leave untill March 1. If my boss gives me the go ahead we are heading for Galveston!

The biggest Mardi Gras parade is on Friday night; we hope to at least make it to the Saturday night parade. We will probably book a room in South Houston vs. Galveston....due to the prices. We traditionally get on the ship in time for the Sunday noon buffet (1pm). There is another parade Sunday afternoon if any of you want to see it.

If we go we will attend the RCCL cruise critic meet & mingle party. We hope to book an interior on a higher deck level.

Andy in Fort Worth

That's great to know. I'm not sure if there are any "FOD" gatherings on this ship, so it's good know that others of us will be there. Any suggestions on how to get in touch?

Doug

We took the Voyager last year from Galveston to Barcelona. They did not run thr VOD in the activites paper but they do have a bullentin board, next to the purser area, that you can post VOD notifications.

The RCL policy is to not put gathering notices in the compass (daily newsletter). However they never fail to put the friends of bill (AA) meetings in there! They have a small stand (aka bulletin board) just outside guest relations where pax can post 3x5 furnished cards with meeting notices. I have only seen FOD notices and not GLBT. Could it be the management is a bit homophobic? IMO Princess was much friendlier.

Although I am a scuba diver, I do not dive on cruise ship trips. I did it once and felt that all the work in bringing my scuba gear for two rushed dives was not worth the trouble. Now I go on cruises to have fun above water and on dive trips to have fun under the water. I go with Undersea Expeditions (underseax.com).

Archived