The Rocks area of Sydney - drugstore/discount store?

Bookish Angel

Need suggestions for a place to buy sunscreen, Coke, snacks, etc. With the airline restrictions on luggage, it is easier to buy these things once at my destination

There is a 24 hour drug store on the main street at Circular Quay.

Also, a 24 hour restraunt at Circular Quay.

IIRC, I think there's a newsagent-type shop on George Street, near the junction with Argyle Street. And possibly some convenience store in the Clocktower Centre, at the junction of Argyle Street and Harrington Street.

But the better bet will be to head south along George Street away from the Rocks. For example, a Google search suggests that there's a Coles supermarket at 388 George Street (junction with King Street), which is only about 10 minutes walk away from Circular Quay. And this is pretty much in the main city centre shopping district anyway.

I also remember a couple of small places in Circular Quay. Not too far a walk up George street I recall a supermarket.( would guess 5-6 blocks) It was on the left side walking away from the Rocks and was located in the basement, It was right on a street corner and should have evreything you need.

Hi,

There is a Coles Express supermarket at the Wynard Railway station which is about a eight minute walk from the quay, and the good thing if you buy heavy items it is all downhill on the walk back.:D

There is a 24 hour drug store on the main street at Circular Quay

I'm pretty sure that pharmacy is not open 24 hours. There is a neon sign right beside it for City Extra that says 24 hours.

Archived