Am I the Only Person who Simply Gets the Nation of Why Not?

If this is true, they why do they have that crowd of geeky looking people crammed in on the aft of the ship at the end of the commercial??:mad:

Bottom line, the new add campaign just flat stinks and RCI's old add agency was snapped up by Carnival. Tells you something doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Now, on my next cruise I'm going to the duty free store, buy a couple of bottles of booze and then start walking toward my cabin, bottles in hand. When stopped my only reply is going to be "Why Not?" :eek:

Aubie

That is awesome! I am totally going to steal your idea and see if I can at least get a laugh before they take away my booze! Maybe we will get lucky!

No i LOVE the "Why Not"! RCCL is the ONLY cruise line that lets you hang ten, watch a parade on a "street" and go Ice skating all at SEA!

I get the new advertising campaign, and while it is WAY better than Carnival's, I still like the older one's better.

I always used to laugh at the idea that the cruise was the only way to get the daughter to smile. It reminded me of when I was a teenager and I HATED family vacations. If only my parents had taken me on a cruise!!!:p

I am feeling less alone in this nation:D. Anyone up for a zipline adventure. I was going to wait until Costa Rica, but WHY NOT on RCCL.

Hmmmm, I know you didn't go there with me:D:D

I am was born and raised in Jamaica. So my vibe and attitude is from a place where people laugh out loud. Even when you don't like the place, once you get to know the people, many appreciate the spirit. Everyday I get up I feel blessed. I am 90 minutes from 2 ports, an hour from the beach, the mountain and the desert. Today I am wearing t-shirt and shorts. WHY NOT be happy, mon. I read this board and it makes me a better Christan. I spend a lot of time praying not to run across the nay-sayers and not tippers on my precious week of vacation. Sorry but how can I not be positive when I have Jamaican heritage, Hemet residence, and best of all, the good Lord on my side. To add to all this blessing and good fortune...A New Nation

One under God and the other under RCCL.

Happy New Year.

Pauline

Well, I for one, LOVE the place. Of all the places that we have cruised to I think we still talk about Jamaica the most. And we always end up laughing!

Now, on my next cruise I'm going to the duty free store, buy a couple of bottles of booze and then start walking toward my cabin, bottles in hand. When stopped my only reply is going to be "Why Not?" :eek:

Aubie

Exactly. If it was your first cruise, wouldn't you be disappointed that there were ANY rules, after you thought the answer to any question was WHY NOT? I think the staff is going to HATE dealing with folks who break the (necessary, level headed, and fairly minimal) rules and then say WHY NOT when they are called on it.

Well, I for one, LOVE the place. Of all the places that we have cruised to I think we still talk about Jamaica the most. And we always end up laughing!

I for one am happy that you do:D. Now I transition from a country of No Problem Mon to a nation of Why Not. Realistically, Why Not dock this nation and use it as a new kind of land resort at sea. It would save a ton on fuel. Depending on pricing, many might not have funds left for port excursions, foo-foo drinks, pics, soda cards, arcades and now after midnight room service. Maybe offer day passes for people to tour and enjoy it for a day. Cruisers go on land to spend a day at a nice resort, why not landers go aboard a ship for a day. Why Not totally change the way the whole thing in done. I see No Problem Mon, so Why Not:p

I like the Get Out There theme much better as well. Reminds me of Just Do It! Plus you had Iggy Pop, now you get bad cartoon art, turns me off. Good thing I already like RCCL or I wouldn't spend one minute watching this ad or thinking about it.

Ive seen the commercial a bunch of times, and everytime i just think of how i like the old RCI commercials better.

Now that you've broke it down though, i understand it and yeah, it is a pretty cool concept.

Maybe they kind of missed the mark in the easement of understanding it though.

That, or maybe im just alot dumber than i though...:p

I like the new ad all right, but I'll admit I liked the old one better. I have been surprised at the ugly attitude of people toward the new commercials. And they use the "Why Not" to ridicule any changes RCCL makes as well. Some people just do not like change of any kind.

I like the new ad all right, but I'll admit I liked the old one better. I have been surprised at the ugly attitude of people toward the new commercials. And they use the "Why Not" to ridicule any changes RCCL makes as well. Some people just do not like change of any kind.

I got the feeling some think their voice is so much more important...well one in particular:(. I know saying anything bad about someplace they consider a place of worship would be stupid. Never would I have figured you are not suppose to like something that they didn't. Some have more OBC and perks but we are entitle to share our opinion about the trip we took or the one we are planning, without ugly attitude.

To the RCET (Royal Caribbean Entitlement Team) - the ship sails for us and because of all of us, who are able to book.

Pauline

Archived