For recent Legend passengers

marym933

This is my third trip to Cozumel. I really want to see Tulum this time. I was looking at shore excursion this evening and can't find the Tulum excursion listed. Was this excursion offered on your cruise? If not, did you go to Tulum with a private tour company? Which one?

I'm sailing on the Legend in 12 days (!!!) and Tulum is listed as an excursion option when I view the excursions through 'My Reservation' on the Carnival website. There is a note at the bottom of the excursion description that says: "**This is a mainland excursion, and not available on all itineraries. Please check your cruise profile for the shore excursions available on your itinerary."

Maybe a recent passenger can clear things up for you. If not, maybe send an email or call Carnival directly.

I did the Tulum excursion many years ago and really enjoyed it. Hope you get a chance to see the ruins! -Dianna

I hope you enjoy your cruise! I see it listed too, but it won't let me select the tour. We are there from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. If Carnival won't take me there I have found quite a few private companies that will. I always have a fear of literally "missing the boat" when I use private companies!!

I was on the Legend last month and did the Tulum tour through Carnival. Due to road construction delays our tour was an hour late getting back. If we had been on a private excursion we would have missed the boat.

Sometimes Carnival doesn't list all of their excursions until until closer to the sailing date.

I hope you enjoy your cruise! I see it listed too, but it won't let me select the tour. We are there from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. If Carnival won't take me there I have found quite a few private companies that will. I always have a fear of literally "missing the boat" when I use private companies!!

I would not do Tulum on a private excursion. Since you have to leave Cozumel and cross the channel to the mainland there is a huge potential that you could miss the ship. Others may disagree, but when you leave the island to go to another place and then have to rely on bus rides to get back there is always a potential for problems.

Have a good time what ever you decide.

I would not do Tulum on a private excursion. Since you have to leave Cozumel and cross the channel to the mainland there is a huge potential that you could miss the ship. Others may disagree, but when you leave the island to go to another place and then have to rely on bus rides to get back there is always a potential for problems.

Have a good time what ever you decide.

Even though I am big on using private operators for excursions, in this case I would agree with you. I did it, probably through the cruise line, since it was one of my first cruises. It takes hours to even get there, and then back again. I could see many obstacles to getting back to the ship on time. It is a great excursion, if you have the chance, but not worth the risk of missing the boat:eek:

Archived