Canopy adventure

luvtacruise27

The only ones I can find say 70-plus pounds or 90-plus pounds. That would knock out both my 5 and 8-year-olds.

Anyone have any info on these?

Thanks,

PHXscuba

Even it is only zipping, there's no way I would take such little kids on this. They will hurt their fingers. The won't be able to stop correctly. They probably won't be abble to reach the safety lines. They won't have the arm strength to pull themselves across in the event of an emergency.

Save this for when they are older. Once you see one of these things you would never consider letting small children on it.

The Celebrity excursion description rates ziplining as "strenuous". Does it require a lot of upper body strength, or walking, or what?

I would imagine that after a few "zips" it probably does require some strength to hold on and then get up onto the platform. Not sure. Anyone out there know the answer?

Marilyn

The Celebrity excursion description rates ziplining as "strenuous". Does it require a lot of upper body strength, or walking, or what?

I was told in this thread that it's more sitting & zipping / sliding but in the picture there were obstacles. I did a canopy tour in Dominica & it was the most difficult, strenuous, hard obstacle course I ever did in my life. I wrote a review on the Dominica page calling it canopy torture. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=675938&highlight=trish1c When they say strenuous, take them at their word. It might be a bit different b/c it's obviously a different country but understand what it could be.

Archived