Canopy adventure

luvtacruise27

We did the zip line in Juneau. I was told it is the same company.

we had the most amazing time!! Out of the 15 cruises we have taken, it ranks in the top 3 of our favorite tours.

My husband doesn't like heights, but he didn't have any problem. I will tell you that one person in our party just couldn't do it and they had to take her back after the second zip.

If you are considering a zip line I would encourage you to do it. You have to experience it to understand how great it is!!

We did the zip line in Juneau. I was told it is the same company.

we had the most amazing time!! Out of the 15 cruises we have taken, it ranks in the top 3 of our favorite tours.

My husband doesn't like heights, but he didn't have any problem. I will tell you that one person in our party just couldn't do it and they had to take her back after the second zip.

If you are considering a zip line I would encourage you to do it. You have to experience it to understand how great it is!!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the ages of the ones who did it and the other person who couldn't? I think my daughter would love this, she will be 14 by the time we go, we are early 50's. What are your thoughts? And do you remember approx. price? Thanks,

luvtacruise

we are planning on booking the zipline in ketickan directly through

www.alaskacanopy.com. I've read some great reveiws on this board.

They don't seem to be taking reservations at the moment, maybe they are

away over the holiday. My kids are 10, 12 & 14. They offer two in Ketickan, one if you are over 70 lbs & they other if you are over 90 lbs.

Good Luck

If you don't mind me asking, what are the ages of the ones who did it and the other person who couldn't? I think my daughter would love this, she will be 14 by the time we go, we are early 50's. What are your thoughts? And do you remember approx. price? Thanks,

luvtacruise

We had 2 12 year olds in our group each with a parent. My husband and I are in our 40's. The person who didn't finish was my sister in laws mother. She is in her 60's and she got a little nervous after the 2nd zip

Everyone else had a great time!

I did very good on the zipping.....but did not really like the rope obstacles....mostly the first one....I wanted to stop, but really couldn't at that point....but I made it and finished the entire course! woo hoo (at age 50-ish)....

I believe the rope obstacles are on the rainforest ropes & zip challenge tour...the rainforest canopy & zipline expedition tour is all zipline and I have done this one twice...had to go back because the first time was so much fun! If you book it through the canopy website I would check to make sure they have transportation to/from the ship. Ours was booked through Princess so we had a bus to/from the tour.

Is this mostly sitting & zipping or are there a lot of obstacles? DH & I did one in Dominica that was all obstacles & only about 10% zipping. I HATED it. Doing it in the freezing cold sounds even worse. If it's just zipping I think I could tolerate it but I couldn't really tell from the link b/c I saw 1 skybridge If we book an Alaskan cruise I'm trying to figure out if I should just send DH while I do something more sedate.

We had 2 12 year olds in our group each with a parent. My husband and I are in our 40's. The person who didn't finish was my sister in laws mother. She is in her 60's and she got a little nervous after the 2nd zip

Everyone else had a great time!

Love to Cook,

Did you say you did it through Carnival? I would be going through cruiseline not direct to company. Too many in my group to worry about not getting back to ship in time, etc.

marilyn

Is this mostly sitting & zipping or are there a lot of obstacles? DH & I did one in Dominica that was all obstacles & only about 10% zipping. I HATED it. Doing it in the freezing cold sounds even worse. If it's just zipping I think I could tolerate it but I couldn't really tell from the link b/c I saw 1 skybridge If we book an Alaskan cruise I'm trying to figure out if I should just send DH while I do something more sedate.

The one I linked up is all zip, all the time.

What, if any, benefit is there booking directly, as it seems the excursion through the cruiseline actually costs less.

Lady,

The only benefit I have ever heard of is the cost. Otherwise, it is wiser to go through cruiseship, since they can't leave you there if something goes wrong;).

Marilyn

Love to Cook,

Did you say you did it through Carnival? I would be going through cruiseline not direct to company. Too many in my group to worry about not getting back to ship in time, etc.

marilyn

We were on Princess both trips. I called the company direct for this trip and they told me that they would only book through the cruise line because of the timing. I don't know if that is always the case, but that is what they told me. It is the same company in both Juneau and Ketchikan. We did the straight zip lining - not the ropes and zip lining.

In Juneau there is 1 suspension bridge to cross and in Ketchikan I believe there is 3. There is another new one in Ketchikan that is slightly different. It says they have a tarzan type swing at the end. That is a different company.

Is there an Alaskan zip-line that accommodates younger children? I thought I read somewhere about one that would take them as young as 5 (perhaps w/ a parent?) but now I can't find it.

The only ones I can find say 70-plus pounds or 90-plus pounds. That would knock out both my 5 and 8-year-olds.

Anyone have any info on these?

Thanks,

PHXscuba

Archived