Transportation from Montreal

Hello, we are looking to possibly book a Canada/New England cruise leaving Boston and arriving in Montreal. What options are there besides flying out of Montreal to return to the U.S. Are their rules against renting a car back to the U.S.? Is there a train back to Boston? Other options? Thanks for the help!

I don't think there is a train between Montreal and Boston but Greyhound has a bus between those cities. I take Greyhound when I travel to New York since it's less expensive than flying. You can't reserve a seat though, you have to arrive hours in advance and get in line (might be different in Boston but in Montreal you can't reserve). They say to be there 60 minutes in advance but last time (August) I was proceeded to the line at 8pm because I wanted to catch the 10pm bus and the line was HUGE and was in the last 10 people to board the 11:45 bus (Had I missed that last bus of the day, I would have missed the ship in NYC). I wrote to Greyhound about that to tell them they should reserve at least 50% of the seats in advance but I never got a reply.

In the past, I was happy about the service but not that last time, I was very scared I would miss the ship.

Does your ship stops in Quebec City? If it doesn't, you should think about coming here for a day or 2 before/after your cruise, it's definitely worth it.

Hello, we are looking to possibly book a Canada/New England cruise leaving Boston and arriving in Montreal. What options are there besides flying out of Montreal to return to the U.S. Are their rules against renting a car back to the U.S.? Is there a train back to Boston? Other options? Thanks for the help!

I have a son at university in Montreal and he and his friends often go over the border and fly out of the airport in northern Vermont to get to US destinations. Not sure, but I think there might be some sort of van service to get there.

Viv

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am a Cruise Manager here in Canada for one of the largest agencies.

please note you most certainly can rent a vehicle, take AMTRAK, Greyhound, Fly or take the Shuttle to "Montreals US Airport" in Plattsburgh, NY.

There is Direct service offered from Plattsburgh to Boston with Cape Air.

Fairly new Airport only open for the last 1.5 years. GREAT Option as its only 1 hour from Montreal (kinda like Toronto/Buffalo)

Here's the airports Webpage

http://www.plattsburghinternationalairport.com/index.asp

Archived