Constantly changing prices on Celebrity website...

brenderlou

We have booked our first cruise w/ celebrity and I'm now watching to see if the price goes down a little for my mother who may go depending on the price.

Any way, I've gone to the web site more times than I can count and the status of the same cruise 2 weeks before us is constantly changing. Either the price is up or down or 3 out of 4 categories are sold out.

Late last night all categories but veranda showed sold out, this morning, all categories are open showing prices....I've never seen this much change on the Royal Carribean website and I do check that alot as well (always looking for that great deal). Is this normal w/ Celebrity and why the contstant change? Just curious, that's all :D

Just as you are checking specific fares, others are too. I would imagine (just like hotels and airlines) that cruise lines adjust their prices many times a day. Believe it or not, when you check availability, this is tracked as potential revenue. Therefore, the more people that check prices for sailings, the higher the potential for fares to adjust--up or down, depending on how many of the inquiries are turning into bookings.

Archived