Balmoral

dsk663

I have been pestered to join the forum so here goes== we have booked a cabin on Balmoral for 70 days on a Guaranteed (high or low; outside or inside) basis.

From other people's experience are we likely to 'land lucky' or not?

I have done a late saver earlier in the year ,when she was still haveing work done ,cabin was lovely ,superior but noisy .

Buy yourself some earplugs but I have seen the price of these deals and you will find all the cabins very nice ,in fact they are bigger than on P&O lower grade.

I think it will be position not quality of cabin.

Have a lovely cruise ,Balmoral is a great ship.:)

We are on the ship for 104 days. Took the Aug Bank holiday weekender to try out the ship and love her.

Just one or two queries, have they increased the laundrettes, there was only one in August but a second was under construction. Although no wireless facilities, can you connect with a scart to the flat screen Tv? The cabins were quite big and there were lots of storage space, more than on the Artemis, on which we did our last long cruise. Dining facilities were also better.

Only six weeks tomorrow to go. We booked 18 months ago but I told my brother in law about the fantastic prices on the 53 night cruise, and they will be joining us in Japan.

I am sure you will have a great time.

Here are some pictures of the ship I took last March. I'd been on her 12 times when she was the Crown Odyssey.

www.clublounge.net

Fabulous photos we are cruising back to the U.K from Australia in 2010 and are trying to decide between the Arcardia and this lovely ship....the more we see of the Balmoral the more we like her.........cheers Shiona

Trillium ,Most of the interactive TVs are flat screen on the wall ,don,t know or why you would want to put in a scart lead you wouldn,t be able to use a PC or record I shouldn,t think.The reason the internet is poor on his ships ,they only have a small bandwidth.

You will find the TVs an art to get used to ,haven,t used the laundry but the big black box has gone from the front of the ship ,which was an auxillary engine so that could have been something to do with the laundry ,why not give FO a ring and ask ,they are ever such a friendly lot at Ipswich.

Dsk663 If you want to leave me a message on my blog you can and I will reply but remember the world can read them.So its no different than asking a question on here.

Hope you both have a fantastic cruise ,we will be getting off on the 14th. when you are getting on ,I,m so jealous.:)

It was interesting to read these posts praising the Balmoral. We're booked to the cruise out of Dover on 27th Jan and have read some terrible reviews from people on the maiden voyage. Do I assume, then, that all teething problems have now been rectified? Hope so!!

I was on board the "Balmoral" in October and found her a very pleasant ship. I am booked on the Singapore / Vancouver sectors of its world cruise leaving the UK on 16 March so I hope the good reports continue. Is any other reader takin this cruise?

My husband and I are on the whole cruise and friends are joining from Singapore to Vancouver,as are nain and taid from this site.

I have been going through the tours brochure which arrived yesterday and spend most of my time on this site reviewing postings etc.

regards

Mair

It was interesting to read these posts praising the Balmoral. We're booked to the cruise out of Dover on 27th Jan and have read some terrible reviews from people on the maiden voyage. Do I assume, then, that all teething problems have now been rectified? Hope so!!

We returned from 2 weeks on Balmoral yesterday; the problems have been rectified, it's a lovely ship, the food is excellent, and we had a marvellous time. And we are pretty picky:). The only problems we had were related to late departure due to some very unfortunate medical emergencies on the previous cruise, and late arrival back at Dover due to bad weather, both outside Olsen's control.

Mary

Archived