Waitlists

CalCruzer

We are waitlisted for a mini-suite on the Star Princess for the 4/17/09 Mexican Rivera cruise out of SF. We have never tried this option before. We are listed in the lowest category which appears to be AE. In checking the deck plans it appears that there are 2 cabins on the Dolphin deck at the very back of the ship. A note indicates that the cabins have only a shower, no tub. Next category up are some cabins on Emerald deck at the very back of the ship which appear as possibly haveing a view obstruction looking forward due to the lifeboats. We've travelled on Princess a couple of times, in the mini-suites, and now I'm getting a little nervous that we may get stuck in one of these less than satisfactory cabins. Yes, I know that we should have booked earlier, but we just found out we would be able to take some time away and this cruise sounded great as we live in the Bay area. Would love to hear from other who can give their experience with waitlisting and any advice. Many thanks!:confused::confused:

We are waitlisted for a mini-suite on the Star Princess for the 4/17/09 Mexican Rivera cruise out of SF. We have never tried this option before. We are listed in the lowest category which appears to be AE. In checking the deck plans it appears that there are 2 cabins on the Dolphin deck at the very back of the ship. A note indicates that the cabins have only a shower, no tub. Next category up are some cabins on Emerald deck at the very back of the ship which appear as possibly haveing a view obstruction looking forward due to the lifeboats. We've travelled on Princess a couple of times, in the mini-suites, and now I'm getting a little nervous that we may get stuck in one of these less than satisfactory cabins. Yes, I know that we should have booked earlier, but we just found out we would be able to take some time away and this cruise sounded great as we live in the Bay area. Would love to hear from other who can give their experience with waitlisting and any advice. Many thanks!:confused::confused:

For $50 more you can get a cabin now with AC catagory and not have any worries at all. D708 and D203 are both available.

Many thanks for your reply, but I don't understand. When I check the Princess website it indicates that all mini suites are waitlisted. How can we book the cabins you indicate?

Call now! Dolphin 708 is available. I'm looking at it right now.

Many thanks for your reply, but I don't understand. When I check the Princess website it indicates that all mini suites are waitlisted. How can we book the cabins you indicate?

Because I'm on that website and it shows availability. It also shows lots of availability for cat. AA

I'm on the phone with Princess right now and we got 203!

That's what I love about this website and all who offer their assistance.

Many thanks, I owe you one!

See what happens when people have extra time on their hands. Happy to have been of service. :D

Talk about luck! I was on the right website at the right time. Guess it was meant to be. I know that was the quickest resolution to any issue I have ever submitted online.

Happy New Year and Happy cruising to all!

Same to you and yours. :D

Pia, for future reference how can you tell which cabins are booked? I went back to their website and tried to make a booking in order to see cabins but I could not tell which were available.

Also, for future reference to anyone waitlisted if you don't already know it. When you book online you are only waitlisted in one category and are only cleared when cabins become available in that category. In our case, we were waitlisted in AE category and probably would never have cleared as there are only 2 cabins in that category. If you do waitlist, do it in at least a category that has many cabins. Further, rather than waitlisting a cruise online, I would call Princess directly before even making an online booking. They can waitlist you is multiple categories. I got this advice from the great representative that booked us.:)

Pia, for future reference how can you tell which cabins are booked? I went back to their website and tried to make a booking in order to see cabins but I could not tell which were available.

.:)

I can't tell what's booked, I can only see what's available. And of course they could have additional availability, but only choose to show you some of them. You just click into the respective catagories and it will then tell you what, if any, are available.

BTW, you need to take your old cruise from 2007 off your sig line and add the new one. :)

If you want to know whether a specific cabin has been booked you can check on the Princess website. Just go through the steps as if you are booking a cruise and when you get to the page where it shows the cabins that are available in the category you have selected you can scroll down a bit and there is a spot to request a specific cabin. If the cabin is available, it will assign it to you and if it isn't you will get a message saying so.

I can't tell what's booked, I can only see what's available. And of course they could have additional availability, but only choose to show you some of them. You just click into the respective catagories and it will then tell you what, if any, are available.

BTW, you need to take your old cruise from 2007 off your sig line and add the new one. :)

Yes, I know. I have been trying but can't seem to get it to respond.

Archived