Anyone who is familiar with Spirit rooms...

sunkiss3dk

Hi cruisers! I am not new to cruising (been on carnival twice) but my fiancee and I are new to NCL and excited about trying the freestyle plus a new ship! We are looking at booking May 15th 2009 from Boston to Bermuda. We usually go with an oceanview but are saving some extra $$ for our wedding in 2010 so decided to just go with the basic inside cabin.

My question is for anyone familiar with Spirits inside cabins. I am looking at the layout of the rooms on Deck 8 from this site: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/NCL/nclspirit.php

And the rooms at the very front of the ship ( 8505, 8503) seem to be slightly larger in the deckplan than the rooms down the hallway (8509,8511 etc). Do you think this is true or no? I would prefer the extra space of course so our choosing a room depends on your answers ;)

ANy help is appreciated! TIA!

Same category means same size. They may be a slight difference like 3-5 square feet. We have been in balconies on the Spirit in different categories and all were the same size. Some NCL ships have a superior inside cabin which is larger but Spirit's are all the same listed at 149 sq ft.

I meant to ask if there is a major difference in feeling movement at the front of the ship rather than the middle also?

It depends on you...but the standard is the lower deck/mid ship = less motion. I have been everywhere high low mid aft fore..nothing bothers me. My wife gets motion sick easily without the patch.

There are some interior cabins on the Spirit that are larger. These are 5035, 6035, and 6535, all 200 sq. feet. There are a few others that are 175-190 sq. feet as well but I am not remembering the numbers right now.

The cat. CC cabins 8000 and 8500 are oceanview cabins and are 225 sq. feet. These are the largest non-suite cabins on the ship.

I have read that the interior cabins on deck 8 that are far forward have the disco below them and you can hear the music and feel the base vibration. Maybe not the best choice of cabin if you want to be able to sleep at night.

Same category means same size. They may be a slight difference like 3-5 square feet. We have been in balconies on the Spirit in different categories and all were the same size. Some NCL ships have a superior inside cabin which is larger but Spirit's are all the same listed at 149 sq ft.

Thanks Ugen! I saw when booking that they all said 149 sq ft but that the ones that appear larger at the very front are maximum capacity 3 and the ones in the hallway are max capacity 4.. Why the difference?

There are some interior cabins on the Spirit that are larger. These are 5035, 6035, and 6535, all 200 sq. feet. There are a few others that are 175-190 sq. feet as well but I am not remembering the numbers right now.

quote]

Those are WC accessible cabins, thats why.

We were in cabin 5017 in July - way towards the front. We had two twins, which we had made into a double, a trundle unit where my daughter slept, and there was also a bunk which we didn't use, so ours had room for four. It was a tight fit for the three of us, but we managed just fine.

quote]

Those are WC accessible cabins, thats why.

They are not. I have been in 5035, 6035, and 6535 and the bathroom is higher and has no hanidcap accessibility. A wheelchair cannot get into the bathroom in these and the toilet and the shower does not have any railings.

I have checked with NCL on all of the cabins that I have mentioned above and none are listed as handicap accessibility cabins.

Jim: Thanks for the inside tip on the disco below.. That sways my decision greatly!

Poker: I appreciate the photos you linked!

Still don't understand why the forwardmost rooms are labeled max capacity 3 and the halls are at 4 if they are the same size?:confused:

The Spirit is a beautiful ship in my opinion and was originally built for the Asian market. We will be on the ship again this August.

There are some quirks with the ship when it comes to cabins.

The suites on the ship have a maximum capacity of 3 with some only accomodating 2. There are no suites that can accomodate 4. There are only about 9 cabins on deck 4 that can accomodate quad occupancy. All of the cabins for 4 are 3 lower beds and 1 upper berth.

I asked NCL about putting 4 in the large oceanview cabin previously since it was 225 sq. feet and does actually have 3 beds and a pull out. I was told no and it had to do with the lifeboat capacity.

I also checked the deck plans on the Spirit and the hanicapped cabins are noted with a black square. The quad occupancy cabins are noted with a cross/plus sign (+).

I am also looking at an inside and have narrowed it down to 10611 and any of the larger ones on 5 and 6 that jimswims mentioned. If the prices are close I will take 10611 if available. I also made sure they weren't HC as I would never even think about taking one of those away from a person who needs it as I know some people do (unless it is assigned to you as a guarantee).

Hi cruisers! I am not new to cruising (been on carnival twice) but my fiancee and I are new to NCL and excited about trying the freestyle plus a new ship! We are looking at booking May 15th 2009 from Boston to Bermuda. We usually go with an oceanview but are saving some extra $$ for our wedding in 2010 so decided to just go with the basic inside cabin.

My question is for anyone familiar with Spirits inside cabins. I am looking at the layout of the rooms on Deck 8 from this site: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/NCL/nclspirit.php

And the rooms at the very front of the ship ( 8505, 8503) seem to be slightly larger in the deckplan than the rooms down the hallway (8509,8511 etc). Do you think this is true or no? I would prefer the extra space of course so our choosing a room depends on your answers ;)

ANy help is appreciated! TIA!

also check out the ones that are off a side hallway, I think they are the same ones jimswim is talking about: yes, they are larger. I booked a client in one a few months ago, it was deck 10.

Nita

We were originally booked in one of the 200 sq. feet cabins on deck 5/6 for our upcoming August Boston to Bermuda cruise. We are a family of 4 (kids 14 and 11 at the time of sailing).

We decided to splurge and get connecting cabins and the only ones that do this are balconies so we changed to this on deck 10. This was a lot more money for us but we thought that it was worth it. However, with the economy decline and our needing to do some major home improvements (siding and roof) that could not wait we changed back to one of the 200 sq. feet cabins. The savings for us is huge and given that we have over 3 days in Bermuda and have been on the Spirit before we are happy with the cabin choice.

I still wish that we could book the CC cabin 8500 or 8000 but it will only fit 3 passengers max eventhough it is 225 sq. feet.

Thank God that my TA is also my sister. I am driving her nuts!

also check out the ones that are off a side hallway, I think they are the same ones jimswim is talking about: yes, they are larger. I booked a client in one a few months ago, it was deck 10.

Nita

Nita: Is there a way to tell if they are off a side hallway? Is that the front of the ship ones?

but Spirit's are all the same listed at 149 sq ft.

This is not true. In addition to the cabins that Jim has listed, there are also several larger insides on deck 10. We stayed in 10611 on our last cruise. 10531 and 10031 are also larger.

To the OP: The Spirit is a beautiful ship! We've sailed her twice! Once in a regular inside and once in a larger inside. The larger insides are great! LOTS more space! Sometimes they are hard to come by, so if there is one available on your sailing snag it!

I am also looking at an inside and have narrowed it down to 10611 and any of the larger ones on 5 and 6 that jimswims mentioned. If the prices are close I will take 10611 if available. I also made sure they weren't HC as I would never even think about taking one of those away from a person who needs it as I know some people do (unless it is assigned to you as a guarantee).

I've stayed in 10611! LOVED it! GREAT location! LOTS of extra space. You are correct, it is NOT a HC accessible room.

I've stayed in 10611! LOVED it! GREAT location! LOTS of extra space. You are correct, it is NOT a HC accessible room.

We've never had an inside cabin so this is good news! Would you happen to have any pictures? If not could you try and describe the set up? Thanks

Nita: Is there a way to tell if they are off a side hallway? Is that the front of the ship ones?

yes, if you pull up the deck plan, those off the little hall way will be just that. Instead of off the main corridore, you will see a few that are located with just 2 or 3 to the left of the main area. We have had this (outside though) twice on other lines, always a little larger. I am still looking for my file to find out what cabin my client had.

Nita

We are sailing on the Spirit this May. I had an opportunity to tour her when she was in Boston more than a year ago and while I did not have an opportunity to view any of the staterooms since they were all occupied, I was very pleasantly surprised at how tastefully decorated the public rooms were and the variety of eating places and lounges. We are looking forward to experiencing an NCL cruise on something larger and more spacious than the Norwegian Majesty. I know many people who cruised on the Majesty and had a wonderful time, but I think that they will be even more pleased now that the Spirit will be sailing to Bermuda out of Boston.:)

We are sailing on the Spirit this May. I had an opportunity to tour her when she was in Boston more than a year ago and while I did not have an opportunity to view any of the staterooms since they were all occupied, I was very pleasantly surprised at how tastefully decorated the public rooms were and the variety of eating places and lounges. We are looking forward to experiencing an NCL cruise on something larger and more spacious than the Norwegian Majesty. I know many people who cruised on the Majesty and had a wonderful time, but I think that they will be even more pleased now that the Spirit will be sailing to Bermuda out of Boston.:)

Did you try the Dream last year? Even that was so much better (in my eyes) than the Majesty. I can't wait to see the Spirit! Have you been to Bermuda in May before? Just wondering if the weather is warm enough to enjoy the beach.

Did you try the Dream last year? Even that was so much better (in my eyes) than the Majesty. I can't wait to see the Spirit! Have you been to Bermuda in May before? Just wondering if the weather is warm enough to enjoy the beach.

No, didn't have the opportunity to check out the Dream but my kids sailed on her many years ago when she was the Dreamward, so I wasn't enthusiastic about her primarily because of her age and because she didn't seem to be as well suited to Freestyle Dining as the Spirit.

Natives of Bermuda don't usually go into the water before Memorial Day or after Labor Day, but as natives of the Northeast, I think we'll manage it. We have been to Bermuda once in May and a couple of times after Labor Day and have made it to the beach both times. It won't be hot but certainly should be better than the weather back home.:)

Archived