Can I do this? Crane Beach & Silvermoon?

alba216

Ill be in San Juan 9/23, hopefully the off season. My situation is that Ill be traveling with my wife & two kids 7 & 2. Crane beach looks beautiful & I know my kids will love it. But the Silvermoon tour looks awesome and Im not sure when we will be able to swim with Turtles again. So Im thinking Im going to try and do both. I heard Silvermoon does a 3 hour tour. If thats correct, Im sure I can do this. Has anyone tried the 3 hour tour? This will probably be our only trip to Barbados for awhile, so instead of choosing one thing, I wanna try and do two activities.

On our last cruise, we did a similar thing in the Caymans. We booked NativeWays tour, that took us to Stingray City, Snorkeling & to the beach for lunch. A tour like this would be ideal for us, something where we got to swim with the turtles, and snorkel, than go to a nice beach and eat lunch, than go back to the cruise ship.

I wouldn't recommend it..and I would suggest the Silvermoon over the Crane.. why?? The crane is beautiful, but for a 7 and 3 year old, it is not the swimming beach you want. The current is very strong which would make the water dangerous for those 2. it's also far from the port (about a 40min drive, or an hour depending on the roads and traffic).

You would be better off sticking to the Silvermoon tour and then finding a beach to go to closer to the port.

Good luck.

I believe the Silver Moon stops at the turtles,then has a snorkle stop over a sunken ship and then goes to a beach. This way you can do the turtles and a beach. I am not sure which beach it stops at. Does anyone else know?

Actually that would be fine with me, I dfidnt know the 5 hour tour goes to the beach. Any one been to this beach or have any info or pics of it?

Have you contacted Silver Moon to see if they are even running that time of year? And if they do have a 3 hour trip? All the times we've been there they've used both of the boats on a 5 hour lunch tour that usually starts at 9:30 or 10AM (depending on cruise bookings). They might have a 3 hour trip but I don't know when it runs.

Have you contacted Silver Moon to see if they are even running that time of year? And if they do have a 3 hour trip? All the times we've been there they've used both of the boats on a 5 hour lunch tour that usually starts at 9:30 or 10AM (depending on cruise bookings). They might have a 3 hour trip but I don't know when it runs.

I sent them an email, I hope they run in September.

Lsimon when you go on the 5 hour tour, do you get a beach visit?

...Lsimon when you go on the 5 hour tour, do you get a beach visit?

No beach visit - or not exactly.

Typical schedule has been:

Motor out of harbor

Motor off, sails up and refreshments served

Sail to turtle area for stop to swim with the turtles

Sail/motor short distance to snorkeling area

- snorkel around reef & wreck for about 1/2 hour maybe a little longer

Sail to a pretty area off of a nice beach or estate

- sometimes off Sandy Lane resort

Anchor for a couple of hours for drinks, sunning, swimming and lunch

Sail back to port

At the last stop the swimming is always great. You can dive off the boat. and they have some small floats if you just want to relax in the water before or after lunch. I don't remember if it was close enough to swim up to the beach (if there is one) but it isn't real close. If you want to relax in the sun the best place is on the "netting" in the front of the Cat.

I can hardly wait!! We're back on the Silver Moon April 1st!

Archived