Cabin 1402 on Indy?

Hi, I have that cabin on my next cruise April 4th. When are you cruising? I will let you know or you can give me a report - depending upon who cruises first. It is my first "aft" also - very excited to get it! From what I've learned here, you are pretty private since there are not cabins above you to "look down"on you, but the Windjammer windows do see your area. No more motion than any other place - which is to say, nothing to be concerned about. The balcony is big with loungers in addition to the two chairs and table.

I'll have to report back to you...we sail March 15....can't wait. It was -17 with a -27 C windchill in Ottawa yesterday morning. Kids went skating on the backyard rink - so we are making the most of winter, but I'd much rather be lounging on my on-board balcony!

Hi, I have that cabin on my next cruise April 4th. When are you cruising? I will let you know or you can give me a report - depending upon who cruises first. It is my first "aft" also - very excited to get it! From what I've learned here, you are pretty private since there are not cabins above you to "look down"on you, but the Windjammer windows do see your area. No more motion than any other place - which is to say, nothing to be concerned about. The balcony is big with loungers in addition to the two chairs and table.

Just got off the Indy (Dec. 13-21, 8 day) and were in cabin 1406. With the exception of a liitle bit of the superstructure, you'll have fantastic views. As for the WIndjammer, it overhangs these balconies, so nobody can see you.

Booked this cabin because we were in 1390 on Mariner last year, which is the exact same spot on the aft as 1402 is on Freedom class ships. We LOVED it, good job snagging that one! I was able to sit in the sun on sea days while dh sat in the shade. With 4 of us in the cabin, the extra room was invaluable.

Enjoy!

Just got off the Indy (Dec. 13-21, 8 day) and were in cabin 1406. With the exception of a liitle bit of the superstructure, you'll have fantastic views. As for the WIndjammer, it overhangs these balconies, so nobody can see you.

Pictures please! If you have them. I am in that exact cabin in one month. :D

Hi glrydays! 1402 looks like a great cabin with a wonderful balcony from the pictures I have seen of it. We will be neighbours on the cruise. We are in 1400! I was so excited to get one of those aft cabins. We are from London, Ont. Looks like a lot of Canadians going for Spring Break!

Yes, that elusive 1406 JS keeps popping up as available on my cruise (and disappearing just as quickly) .... I just can't pull the trigger and spend $2k more than I paid for my D1 two doors down.

Paging the upgrade fairy.....

Yes, that elusive 1406 JS keeps popping up as available on my cruise (and disappearing just as quickly) .... I just can't pull the trigger and spend $2k more than I paid for my D1 two doors down.

Paging the upgrade fairy.....

I pulled the trigger but it wasn't that much when I did. ;)

Will do this evening.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate it.

glrydays user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

Hi glrydays

My parents are in that cabin on the Jan. 18th sailing, and we are next door in 1404. The room is extra long and the balcony is enormous! We stayed in 1690 on the Explorer last May which is the same cabin as on the Independence. Now all we book are Aft Deck 10 cabins!!

Will post pics when I return.

• 3 weeks later...

I just switched my 1402 cabin for the 1400 cabin next door. Now that I really look at the balcony photos, am I going to regret it? Looks like the view from 1400 is more obstructed and 1402 is more open and panoramic. Is 1400 that much larger than 1402? We have 4 in our room so I thought would go for more space...now I am second-guessing my decision.

• 2 months later...

honeywell

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Honewell

I have 1402 on April 12 after you return. I am also very excited. Happy cruising. Would love to see your posts after the trip

Archived