Sun Princess - query re JJ cabin/Caribe & Baja decks

We are considering, and need to make a decision in the next week, re paying a deposit on a 12 night cruise on Sun Princess in January 2010.

It was either no cruise (due to a financially pretty miserable 2008) or cruise with friends but at a much cheaper fare this time round (quoted $4287 for a triple berth). Is this a good deal for an interior cabin for 2 adults & 1 child?

The 3 other families have all booked JJ cabins (no window) on either Caribe/Baja decks. Most of these cabins are located towards the front or back of the ship. Has anyone travelled in these cabins, on these decks? Are there any major disadvantages and do you feel much movement? On previous cruises we have quite happily stayed in outside cabins in the middle of Plaza deck (level 5), with very little movement, so I'm a little concerned about staying on level 10 in cabins which aren't in the middle of the ship.

If travelling on the cheapest fare is not much fun, perhaps we should wait for better times. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year to you all!!!

Cheers,

PAC:)

We are considering, and need to make a decision in the next week, re paying a deposit on a 12 night cruise on Sun Princess in January 2010.

It was either no cruise (due to a financially pretty miserable 2008) or cruise with friends but at a much cheaper fare this time round (quoted $4287 for a triple berth). Is this a good deal for an interior cabin for 2 adults & 1 child?

The 3 other families have all booked JJ cabins (no window) on either Caribe/Baja decks. Most of these cabins are located towards the front or back of the ship. Has anyone travelled in these cabins, on these decks? Are there any major disadvantages and do you feel much movement? On previous cruises we have quite happily stayed in outside cabins in the middle of Plaza deck (level 5), with very little movement, so I'm a little concerned about staying on level 10 in cabins which aren't in the middle of the ship.

If travelling on the cheapest fare is not much fun, perhaps we should wait for better times. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Hi Pac,

Can you give me a little more info on the breakdown , since most sites only give 2 people prices, ie what is it for the first 2 people?,then child price?

Know you can't tell us who thru , the best deal so far that I can find is 53% off in the JJ inside . $1757 per person for 2

Deck 10 is a good location, not much movement on the Sun Princess,so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers Deb

Cheers,

hi pac, if you're not sure about deck 9 or 10 can you ask your TA is there anything available on deck 5 or 6 midship and you might save some $$$, you would still see your friends during the cruise

if you can get a deal on deck 5 or 6 and you are happy tell your TA no upgrade as you might finish up in a higher cat anywhere on the ship

rkmw

We were in B623 (our first time inside cabin)

It was a great location , I didnt feel any movement, plenty of room for 3 people .

We were near the stairs and lift which was handy as i only had to run up 2 decks to have my morning smoke!! :eek:

If the price was right I would book this type of cabin /area again.

Being inside didnt bother us at all.

Hi Pac,

When we are researching a 'bargain' - we usually figure that $100 pp/night is our 'go' - maybe others think that this is still too high but we also need to factor in travelling with 2 children that need places in kids club (so cannot rely on 'last minute' fares as these are often after the kids places are booked out). We also always price it on an outside cabin - just personal preference - so think an inside cabin would be even less.

Based on that - your price is about $116pp - if it were me, I think that I'd wait it out for a better deal as it gets a little closer - of course that depends if you are wanting to travel with your friends that are planning this cruise - if so then maybe lower decks would offer a better value deal.

Also I should say that we haven't priced out Princess cruises - so i am assuming they are a little more expensive (we have been on the Pacific Dawn and have also looked at Rhapsody of the Seas). Our next cruise worked out at $4578 with $400 OBC for 11 nights in August 09 (Pacific Dawn) - fare based on :Category E outside quad share cabin – aft on Dolphin Deck 8 $2117 per adult x 2 and $222 per child x 2 includes $100 onboard credit per person, port charges and govt fees. And we also received a $100 discount as we booked with another family.

Good luck with our planning and I hope that 2009 brings you better things!!

Dea:)

Hi Pac,

Also I should say that we haven't priced out Princess cruises - so i am assuming they are a little more expensive (we have been on the Pacific Dawn and have also looked at Rhapsody of the Seas). Our next cruise worked out at $4578 with $400 OBC for 11 nights in August 09 (Pacific Dawn) - fare based on :Category E outside quad share cabin – aft on Dolphin Deck 8 $2117 per adult x 2 and $222 per child x 2 includes $100 onboard credit per person, port charges and govt fees. And we also received a $100 discount as we booked with another family.

Good luck with our planning and I hope that 2009 brings you better things!!

Dea:)

Hey Dea

That is very similar to my booking in July 10 nights Dolphin Outside aft - 2 A , 2 C for $4050 with $400 obc...the cruise you have booked on is the one I wanted but originally wasn't offered in August and the October one was too expensive...we could have been cabin neighbours :D.

Hi Rose,

We originally had the October one in mind but couldn't justify the extra $600 (for the same itinerary) just to sail out in sunnier weather. We had to wait until my little boy turned 3 so he could join the other kids in Turtle Cove - his birthday is July 25 so this worked out perfectly!!

As for cabin neighbours - you would want to be at the opposite end if my little one breaks out in a tantrum :o:o . Fortunately it doesn't happen very often - but what he lacks in quantity he makes up for in quality!!!!

We are actually travelling with another family with similar age children and our cabins are adjoining - just hoping the little ones don't start a 'tantrum duet' :eek:!!!

Dea

Hi Pac,

Can you give me a little more info on the breakdown , since most sites only give 2 people prices, ie what is it for the first 2 people?,then child price?

Know you can't tell us who thru , the best deal so far that I can find is 53% off in the JJ inside . $1757 per person for 2

Deck 10 is a good location, not much movement on the Sun Princess,so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers Deb

Hi Deb,

T/A said cost was $1847 for each adult plus $593 for my daughter who will be 12 at the time of the cruise. My 14 yr old son has opted not to go this time as he's done 2 cruises with us & although we had a good time, he's not fussed about going again whereas my husband, daughter and & I absolutely love cruising.

Also, you've got mail.

Cheers,

Maria:)

June/July on Sun Princess around OZ we were in Cabin No.C536 on Caribe deck (9), slightly aft of mid ship, inside cabin, was ok, a little roll not much, did not feel the pitch in the middle, you generally feel the pitch at the bow and stern. So from now on any cabin midships for me. Hope this helps.

Hi Pac,

Cheers Deb

I also forgot to mention we each get $100 OBC, so that's a bit of a $300 bonus in our case.

Cheers,

Maria:p

Archived