Can you do mystic mountain on your own?

Hippygirl23

Hi Everyone! I am thinking of trying the chair lift at mystic mountain when I am on Princess in January. Do I have to book it thru princess, or can I do it on my own? I was just thinking of taking a taxi with the group Im with, and paying the 42.00 when I get there, has anyone does this? Also, anyone have more pics of the pool? Thanks so much!

We're thinking about doing the Princess tour of Mystic Mountain' date=' but probably only taking the chairlift to the top. How intense is the bobsled ride? Any comments on this tour would be appreciated.[/quote']

From what I googled --Custom-designed bobsleds celebrating the Jamaican Olympic bobsled teams of the 1980s and '90s travel on winding, plunging stainless steel rails on a 3,280-foot gravity-driven ride through the forest. The bobsled track was laid to avoid disturbing the natural landscape, curving around ancient trees, hugging majestic cliff faces and limestone outcroppings through narrow chutes of dense forest. Riders control their rate of descent with an in-sled handbrake, allowing for either a leisurely tour through the forest or a pulse-quickening ride. At the end of the ride, the bobsled slides to a graceful stop and is slowly pulled back by cable to the top of the mountain, completing the entire circuit in approximately six minutes.

DH & I have booked this excursion in March. We booked the Mystic Mountain bobsled which includes the skyride and bobsled and transportation there and back to the ship whenever we want. The cost is only $54 per person. After checking the individual costs for the skyride and bobsled and factoring in the cost of a taxi back and forth, you can't beat Princess's price.

Here's the link for the company for Mystic Mountain: http://www.rainforestrams.com/

Have a good time on your cruise!

Archived