Extra Tipping, what is your preferred method?

ECP

While the normal way to give that extra tip is to hand out envelopes with money in them, I prefer to do the hidden handshake method. It always gives me a little trill when I do it, and I think the handshake is more personal. Usually, I extend my hand while say "I must thank you for the excellent service." and the money vanishes from my hand during the shaking. Never meet a crew member who did not understand what to do, and on my last trip the girls with were surprised that I had already tipped as they had not noticed a thing. What is you preferred method?

I've done, and guess I will continue to do, both the hidden handshake and the envelope. I've used the envelopes at the end of the cruise for greater amounts. And YES, I leave the auto tips in place. ;)

Tipping extra always brings out the best in folks.......well, most of the time. I had one steward who didn't do the basics a few years ago and extra tips didn't improve him, but that's another story and I don't wanna 'hijack' the thread. :o

with a hug. the last 2 years or so, I seem to be the only one at my table to do this. In those 18 cruzes, I've seen 3 pax do it . I'm always the last to finish coffe, wine and cheese. Not mandatory of course, but I've just always done it

Archived