FLL Airport to Las Olas Blvd. via bus ?

micdee

Thinking of doing this after our cruise and need some advice.

I've read that there's a place in the airport, that for a fee, will store your luggage till it's time to check in (our flight out is at 4). On the FLL website, there is a bus #1 that goes from the airport to Las Olas Blvd., but I'm not sure if this is in the vicinity of all the shops and restaurants. Would we have to go east on the #11 bus to get to that area? If so, how long do you think it would take?

Thanks for the help.

I can't help with the bus question but Las Olas is where there are alot of shops and restaurants.

By car, you can get to Las Olas from the airport in about 10 minutes, pretty close to the airport.....you may want to just take a taxi, shouldn't be too much.

Your correct on your bus routing, the downside is that it would take over an hour and a half to get to your destination in what only takes 10-15 minutes by car. With the bus ride you'd have to change buses at the Broward Central Terminal in Plantation, that's where you'd be delayed.

We usually rent a car....Budget at Quay Shopping Plaza will either provide free pick-up at the pier..or sometimes we just hop a cab(although the cabbies are not usually pleased to go that short distance...don't say where you're going til he starts driving !!).It's a VERY quick drive there.($10)

Then, you can store your luggage in the trunk....and off you go...Las Olas is one of my favourite places !! Or Sawgrass Mills is shopping haven..or perhaps"heaven" !! And easy to find...and an easy drive back to the airport from either location.

If you have curb-side check-in, you can do that and then do the circle around the airport and come back to "Car Rental"...very easy.

Enjoy...and I hope things work out well for you!!!

Sharon:)

Archived