Where is Bea Mueller

David21

Well as I have said I am another "old lady" am I "techy"? Well none of us think we are do we? I can think of at least one doctors assistant that would say I was a "pain in the rear'

Anyway I am glad to see it is possible she may still have a few cruises left in her. Losing the ability to go where one wishes is tough.

Recently because the medical assistant put the wrong figures on a medical form , it looked as though I would not get my driving license renewed. I had a few words with her and she then fillled out another form in which she said I was a "diabetic" which I am not. When I told her she should be more careful before labelling me with a condition I did not have , she asked me "Which Medical school did you graduate from?"

Believe me if you think Bea is "techy" you should have seen me that day!!!!!

Yes I finally did manage to get my license renewed.

Now back to preparing for my April trip on QM2.

I am looking forward with real zeal to meeting jimsgirl on the April 14th transatlantic voyage of the Queen Mary 2! I am pleased to know someone who stands up in defense of Bea Muller, as I saw nothing but civility and calmness on the Farewell World Cruise of the marvelous QE2. I kept in my space and she kept in hers, save for two or three brief conversations, but she was always near the piano in the Crystal Lounge before dinner, enjoying life. As a South Carolinian, I was interested in the fact that she has lived her and has a "place" in Myrtle Beach.

Lord Kay of Shandon.

Jimsgirl, well done on putting that girl in her place and getting your licence. :D What a cheek trying to say you were diabetic when you aren't. She should have been fired for her attitude. Bea is nearly 90 with many health problems so she may take her frustrations out on people. I do worry she'll find QM2 too large but she has her son so he'll be able help to her around. Who knows what she'll do if she doesn't like that either? I hope you enjoy your crossing. :)

ColumbiaSC, I agree. There's no doubt she can be nasty at times to passengers and especially crew but also she can be really nice. I've had nothing but kindness from her since I first met her in October. I hope you enjoy your crossing too. :)

Columbia SC, I am on the April 26th and May 2 sailings.(B2B) so we will not meet. but I hope you have a wonderful trip, do leave the QM2 in good shape for me.

Tea in the Queens Room, lunch in the Golden Lion, no wonder I put on weight.

The Golden Years are really misnamed, they should be called the Rust Years, because everything is wearing out.

If as one of these "Rust" people I had any advice for those younger than myself, it would be this_

If you can afford it (without going into debt) and if you can physically manage it , DO IT NOW. I have been very lucky, but there are places I wish I had seen, things I wish I had done, before fate took my beloved Jim and turned me into a solo traveller with a "Rusty" body.

Happy sailing and calm seas.

Lynn

If as one of these "Rust" people I had any advice for those younger than myself, it would be this_

If you can afford it (without going into debt) and if you can physically manage it , DO IT NOW. I have been very lucky, but there are places I wish I had seen, things I wish I had done, before fate took my beloved Jim and turned me into a solo traveller with a "Rusty" body.

Happy sailing and calm seas.

Lynn

Lynn....you just keep that great attitude of yours, enjoy many more grand voyages and keep oiling that "rusty body" so you can do so!!;)

As my step mother-in-law keeps telling me, the highly touted "Golden Years" come complete with a great deal of tarnish already in place!! :eek: She too wishes they had done more when they could. They missed so much by putting it off. And now that he's gone she is not as brave and adventurous as you and won't even fly 2 hours to come see us.

So don't let anything stop you....I wish you well!! And don't forget to pack the WD40 for the rusty parts so they work perfectly!!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

As a South Carolinian, I was interested in the fact that she has lived her and has a "place" in Myrtle Beach.

Lord Kay of Shandon.

Hi Columbia....from a fellow South Carolinian.

Bea has a place in Myrtle Beach? I'd not heard that. Is it where she goes when ashore? I'm just south of there in Pawleys Island.

Cheers, Penny

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

Is that Gordon's WD40....or Johnny Walker's?:cool:

Whichever floats your boat Peter ;)....or loosens your joints...your choice!;)

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny, You gave me some good advice for our past holiday cruise on the QM2.

We will be on your cruise to Norway except we will be sailing out of NY on July 30. I'm getting excited already.

I once saw Bea on the QE2. She was sitting in the Queens Room in her mink coat getting an award for longest at sea. :)

Hi Penny, You gave me some good advice for our past holiday cruise on the QM2.

We will be on your cruise to Norway except we will be sailing out of NY on July 30. I'm getting excited already.

I once saw Bea on the QE2. She was sitting in the Queens Room in her mink coat getting an award for longest at sea. :)

Hi Brigitte....I'm so glad if my advice was helpful. I'll look forward to meeting you on the NOrway segment.....unless my nefarious plan works and I can convince he-who-is-not-as-obsessed-as-I to do the crossing from NY as well as the cruise. I am in scheme mode right now!! :rolleyes: Wish me luck!!! He is not a crosser like me.

It'll be here soon....and I will finally return to Norway on a proper liner, just as I did all thru my childhood going to spend the summer with my grandparents. What a thrill that will be.

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny, I know what the "scheme mode is". It's a lot of work. I just wait for Martini night and bring it on. Since I'm not the one having the double martini it's easy. :D

We orginally found an amazing deal on the crossing and were planning on going on our own to Hamburg for a week and then fly home. When I saw what the QM2 was offering I thought it would be so much easier to just stay onboard.

I agree with you about the QM2. I'm not a cruise snob but there is something very special being in port and belonging to the QM2. Congratulations on going home to Norway. I used to visit grandparents in Germany and I know just how you feel. All the more special on the QM2.

Good luck with the crossing. :)

Sorry, I forgot to log in. Brigitte

Hi Brigitte...Ok, I'm going to take a wild guess that you and CruznTom are a package deal....;) I'd do the martini thing but he's wise to my ways!! I got a great offer to do the whole round trip too but it's a bit long to be away from our dog. Not to mention the fact that I'd have to talk him into 2 crossings and one is difficult enough. That's why I sailed the Tandem crossing in Oct alone. He was resistant so I went alone. His family is German on one side and Norwegian on the other and this will be his first trip to either place. At this point I'd be satisfied to get one crossing and hold my breath for 12 hours flying home :eek:

Where are you in NC?? I'm your neighbor in SC....Pawleys Island.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny. We are in Hendersonville, NC. In the mountains.

Our first offer was a TA for $395. PP on the Independance Of The Seas. Add balcony, $695.PP. 17 days. By the time you add transportation from Southhampton to Germany, the hotel stay, food, fun, and train fares, it seemed like a better deal to do the TA roundtrip on the QM2. How did you know that we were doing the whole roundtrip?

Leaving the pets on extended cruises is always a concern. I'm already doing double petting.

I hope you convince him. I'm looking forward to meetng you on the cruise. Brigitte

She\'s an odd duck. Rude to crew and almost everyone, with the rare burst of sunshine for a lucky(?) person that makes the rest of us think we\'re going nuts.Non the less, I wish her well, cause she\'s almost an icon. A disagreeable one, but so long as I can walk away faster than she can catch up to me, I\'ll live. :rolleyes:

patwell, yes she does have a place in Myrtle Beach and planned to go there for spring but has been staying with her son Allan in New Jersey since temporarily ending her cruising days. Now she'll be back on the high seas. I think she was bored being on land 24/7.

LAXCruiseGuy, I know what you mean. I have heard many horror stories about her yet she can also be kindness itself. My dad was recently diagnosed with diabetes and she gave me some advice for him on how to live with it. She's only nice to me because of the crew member I'm with and doesn't want to turn him against her. If I wasn't she'd probably be as obnoxious as I've been told she is. I have been warned she'll turn on me at some point so am fully expecting it.

• 3 weeks later...
patwell, yes she does have a place in Myrtle Beach and planned to go there for spring but has been staying with her son Allan in New Jersey since temporarily ending her cruising days. Now she'll be back on the high seas. I think she was bored being on land 24/7.

LAXCruiseGuy, I know what you mean. I have heard many horror stories about her yet she can also be kindness itself. My dad was recently diagnosed with diabetes and she gave me some advice for him on how to live with it. She's only nice to me because of the crew member I'm with and doesn't want to turn him against her. If I wasn't she'd probably be as obnoxious as I've been told she is. I have been warned she'll turn on me at some point so am fully expecting it.

Where has our fountain of knowledge gone :confused:

Hope your info on Bea is more accurate than on Captain McNaught :D :p

Gav :cool:

Bea turned on him:eek:? Or perhaps the recent headless body was a coincidence...

Sir Martin:cool:

He is a SHE :D ... and she is probably on a cruise somewhere (virtual or real) looking for something else to dislike (or trying to find another crack in QV's hull perhaps???) :rolleyes:

Ken ;)

Archived