Playa Mia Grand Beach Break through RCCL?

jacksmom09

Hi! Just wondering if anyone else has done this excursion? And what it was like?? Also wondering if it gets very crowded and if they have a pool?? Also what is the food like? I am trying to find something my soon to be 12 yo ds will enjoy also!:rolleyes:

Unless you plan of drinking a fair amount, All Inclusive like Playa Mia isn't a good value, IMO.

I'm pretty sure your 12 y/o would have a good time at Paradise Beach club instead.

I agree, have been to both Playa Mia & Paradise Beach & preferred Paradise Beach. My 9 year old loves a pool & preferred Paradise Beach as well. Even though it's alacarte it came out cheaper & the food & drinks were far better. The only good lounge chairs at Playa Mia are by the pool so if you don't get there early you have to use the ones that look like hard shells.

I went to Playa Mia through the ship's excursion, only because the group I was with decided to go at the last minute. The beach was pretty. The umbrella was $6. The drinks were good. It appeared that if you tipped well with your first drink, you would continue getting waiters. We were setting up when we ordered our first drink, so we didn't tip at that time. The rest of the day, no one came by to offer getting us drinks. The food was okay. If it were a restaurant I paid to eat at, I would never go back; but it was okay - we didn't starve! As a previous poster mentioned, if you don't drink a lot, I wouldn't go there - Paradise Beach is still my favorite - I even love watching the kids (not even mine) have fun!!!!

When we went to Playa Mia it was really crowded, there were no chairs left had to sit on sand....which was not to bad, the party boats come there and drop people off for a few hours so it because very crowded for a few hours depending on how many ships are in that day.

The food was buffet style and had flies all over it and there were long line ups to get drinks....so we really didn't get our moneys worth, but it was a very lovely beach.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess it all depends on the time you go...dh and i went to playa mia and loved it. we did the all inclusive. we would get our own drinks...and then found a waiter on the beach, whom we tipped, and he brought 2 drinks at a time each from then on. there was a nice pool, the beach was great and plenty of chairs and umbrellas. you can kayak, there was in iceberg you can climb (the kids that is lol) and water trampoline. i enjoyed the trampoline. if you are planning on drinking, AI is nice way to go. We also parasailed here.

Archived