Hotel Alyeska

bearsmom24

Hubby and I are booked on the HAL Cruise tour #19 this May. We will be staying at the Hotel Alyeska for 2 nights. I have been to their website and checked it out....can anyone provide advice on the following.....

How were the rooms..beds comfy?

Did you do any of the activites/tours they offered vs cruise offered tours?

How was the dining? Can you recommend the Seven Glaciers?

Anything else noteworthy?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in the Hotel Alyeska last July. After staying several nights in remote locations, it was wonderful. Room was very nice with comfortable bed and spa like bath. I would highly recommend having dinner at the Seven Glaciers, but make your reservation asap. There was still snow on the mountain when we were there and the view was spectacular!

As we exited from the tram, we noticed a couple with harnesses on and red/white fabric on the snow. They proceeded to harness together and run off of the mountain, paragliding all the way to the valley floor. Brave souls!

If at all possible, have breakfast or at least coffee at The Bake Shop. It has the most amazing flowers outside. I did not think that flowers could be that abundant or that huge!

We did not have time to see anything else in the area. Girdwood was just a one night stop on our way to Cooper Landing, but after staying in Paxon and Trapper Creek it was heavenly to have a real hotel room.

I notice that you are in Orlando. We are in Tampa and the most difficult part of the trip was the flight from Atlanta to Anchorage. It seemed to take forever. After packing, remove half of what you plan on taking. We way over packed and didn't need alot of what we took. Rainwear was the most important thing that we had. Enjoy your trip!

We stayed at the Hotel Alyeska on 5/24/08. The staff was friendly and eager to please. It was misty and foggy when we arrived so we didn't go to Seven Glaciers for dinner. Instead, we went to one of the hotel dining areas and grabbed a quick burger as we were really hungry. Had the breakfast buffet the next morning and enjoyed it very much. We had a nice view room; the bed was wonderful and provided a great night's sleep.

Archived