qv jan 2nd anyone posting onboard?

seabourndt

Yes we are here. The ship is as lovely as ever & the sea is calm, never mind, we are bound to get it a bit choppy. Just a slight swell at the moment. There was a long queue to board, I think everyone got to the terminal for noon :(, but they opened a 2nd security check & that one took us straight onto the ship, not the lounge! Everything is great, we've booked a box for the show & hopefully we will get to see it this time. It was too rough for the dancers to rehearse last year!! Will try to post again. Sorry, the keypad is American & I can't seem to start a new paragraph. The enter button takes me back a page! :confused: Sharon & Steve

Sorry, the keypad is American & I can't seem to start a new paragraph. The enter button takes me back a page! :confused: Sharon & Steve

Tell me about it ! :eek: :rolleyes:

Have a great time Sharon, you have some excellent crew onboard ,a lot ex-QE2 :D

Gav :cool:

Yes we are here. The ship is as lovely as ever & the sea is calm, never mind, we are bound to get it a bit choppy. Just a slight swell at the moment. There was a long queue to board, I think everyone got to the terminal for noon :(, but they opened a 2nd security check & that one took us straight onto the ship, not the lounge! Everything is great, we've booked a box for the show & hopefully we will get to see it this time. It was too rough for the dancers to rehearse last year!! Will try to post again. Sorry, the keypad is American & I can't seem to start a new paragraph. The enter button takes me back a page! :confused: Sharon & Steve

Hi Sharon....have a fantastic time...I envy you the crossing. Happy New Year...what a nice way to start it off!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Heelo everyone. Happy new year to you Penny. It's still very calm :mad:, we don't really mind, but just a bit rough weather for a day would be nice. The banging is going well, as anyone who had been on QV will know. It sounds like the t-rex in Jurassic Park! :eek: It's great having Ted Skull on board, what an interesting chap. Met some of the other CCers, we've got the cabin cavallade ( I think I've spelt that wrong! Never mind) this afternoon so we will meet the others then. It was DH's birthday yesterday & he said it was perfect. What a place to be!! Having a wonderful time. Sharon & Steve

many thanks for your post, yes it does not quite calm in the webcam. anyone seen VIC(PARROTHEAD?) noticed he is not on the roll call. his mailbopx is full and do not know his cabin number

enjoy the cabin crawl

dave

Yep, Vic is here. I can't remember his cabin number, we saw so many! I know he got an upgrade to a disabled cabin & it was a lovely size with a big balcony. The weather is changing now and getting rougher :D

Sharon

glad you saw vic, so you saw his cabin. shame you cannot remember the number as i cannot get hold of him. i sent an email,but his mailbox is full if you see him again could you tell him please.yes webcam looks very fuzzy but can make out the bigbwaves. hope we get to see a few of the pictures. not the same as when the qe2 went with you.

enjoy

dave

I am writing a daily blog when satellite conditions permit on www.worldshipny.com. Ted aboard QV

Hi Ted,

Thank you very much for your wonderful daily blog, sorry i was not onboard this WC. Last years on the QE2 was my first WC and i enjoyed it very much meeting every one including yourself. One of the highlights was the Cabin Cavalcade. I hope to be on next year which means staying onboard from the Christmas and New Year Voyage.

Gavin

Arrived safely in NY and really great to dock at Pier 88, much nicer than Brooklyn. Ted gave us a good comentary as we came up the Hudson which was truly informative, just like his lectures.

Nice to be on land again. Olivia and I will write more as time permits.

Trevor

All safe & sound in the Marriott Marquis. It's snowing a bit and we are due to have more later. :D Just what I ordered. We did go through some snow storms Gail, but that was yesterday (9th). It looked rough for a couple of days because it was. Brilliant! It was far too calm for January.

We had a surprise invitation to the bridge on friday morning, so that was the icing on the cake. Had a great crossing & it was wonderful getting to meet some of the other CCers at last. Great people:D:D

Sharon & Steve

Thanks so much Ted for your fine and positive crossing commentary: when kept us informed as we rode Amtrak to New York, and stayed a couple days to watch plays. It the back of our mind we wanted to make sure you were taking good care of the ship and we could embark on our world cruise!

With so much time watching Mrs. Cruise act, and drinking and eating at Grand Central, the only other New York sight we took in was the Customs House as you suggest: really neat murals and architecture: we spent a relaxing afternoon, and the Native American clothes were a real bonus for my wife, who is a seamstress when she is not CEO of our small business.

Thanks for the warning on the metal detector. We were ready to quietly comply with this very important outpost of Homeland Security! And I might add, I suggest not letting your coat drag on the floor while touring the museum: the guards are very helpful!

The departure from New York was astounding: snow 4 inches deep on the decks, the lights of New Jersey and Manhattan fading in and out in the snow and fog, and finally the Varazzano Bridge, which we passed under about 20 meters toward Staten Island from the green light, but with some clearance!

stop

David

WOW, that sounds amazing Milkcow. We could just see QV sail away from our room in the Marriott Marquis. She was fading in & out through the snow, but still a wonderful sight. Our sadness was lifted a bit by going to Central Park yesterday morning & it was white! :D What a picture.

Back home now, dog collected, washing on, having a glass of wine & trying to work out if it's all been real or a dream. And it's peeing down. :mad:

Still Barbados next month, but not on a ship. Can't win them all!! Have a great trip.

Sharon

Thanks so much Ted for your fine and positive crossing commentary: when kept us informed as we rode Amtrak to New York, and stayed a couple days to watch plays. It the back of our mind we wanted to make sure you were taking good care of the ship and we could embark on our world cruise!

With so much time watching Mrs. Cruise act, and drinking and eating at Grand Central, the only other New York sight we took in was the Customs House as you suggest: really neat murals and architecture: we spent a relaxing afternoon, and the Native American clothes were a real bonus for my wife, who is a seamstress when she is not CEO of our small business.

Thanks for the warning on the metal detector. We were ready to quietly comply with this very important outpost of Homeland Security! And I might add, I suggest not letting your coat drag on the floor while touring the museum: the guards are very helpful!

The departure from New York was astounding: snow 4 inches deep on the decks, the lights of New Jersey and Manhattan fading in and out in the snow and fog, and finally the Varazzano Bridge, which we passed under about 20 meters toward Staten Island from the green light, but with some clearance!

stop

David

David - That's great. I am delighted you enjoyed the ocean liner murals and GCT. Lucky you to have experienced four inches of snow on the decks. You must be toasty warm by now.

and while I am at it

Sharon/Steve/Gavin & Trevor - Thank you for the compliments re-lectures and talk from the bridge.

QV surpassed my expectations as a seaboat, and one on which to spend seven delightful days on the North Atlantic. She may not be a beauty to look at but she is warm and attractive within, the Lido notwithstanding.

Ted back in a frigid NYC

Well thank you all for the replies: we are suddenly tonight in warm humid air with wet decks: the ship must not have warmed up yet!

One goal is to stay out of the Lido: I remembered after frustrating meals in the King's Court on the QM2 last summer, that, on my several QE2 crossings, I never even realized there was a "cafeteria" offered, and always ate all meals in which dining room I was assigned, so why not now: especially with, as you suggested, the Pub and Carinthia options, and we discovered yesterday morning, the World Club express breakfast available in the Commodore Club.

David: gone from Ohio, ready to try Tri-Rail and Metro-Rail to see the stately home Tuesday!

One goal is to stay out of the Lido: I remembered after frustrating meals in the King's Court on the QM2 last summer, that, on my several QE2 crossings, I never even realized there was a "cafeteria" offered, and always ate all meals in which dining room I was assigned, so why not now: especially with, as you suggested, the Pub and Carinthia options, and we discovered yesterday morning, the World Club express breakfast available in the Commodore Club.

David: gone from Ohio, ready to try Tri-Rail and Metro-Rail to see the stately home Tuesday!

David

How did you find out about the World Club breakfast option in the Commodore Club?

Have fun riding trains and transit, a passion of mine too.

Ted in NYC

David

How did you find out about the World Club breakfast option in the Commodore Club?

Have fun riding trains and transit, a passion of mine too.

Ted in NYC

Ted: AKA the CWC Plat and Diamond Departure lounge. One receives a separate letter from the CWC reps onboard the evening prior.

Archived