qv jan 2nd anyone posting onboard?

seabourndt

David

How did you find out about the World Club breakfast option in the Commodore Club?

Have fun riding trains and transit, a passion of mine too.

Ted in NYC

Ted: AKA the CWC Plat and Diamond Departure lounge. One receives a separate letter from the CWC reps onboard the evening prior.

David:

Thanks. I'm Diamond and I did not get one.

Is there similar aboard QM2?

Ted

Ted: AKA the CWC Plat and Diamond Departure lounge. One receives a separate letter from the CWC reps onboard the evening prior.

David:

Ted

Yes, we received the letter the night before. We were instructed to go to Todd English from 0730 onward. However, you'd still debark according to your tag. I did not go as I was self-assist. It amazed me how many signed up for self-assist, when they could barely handle their carry-on!

Babette

David:

Ted

Yes, we received the letter the night before. We were instructed to go to Todd English from 0730 onward. However, you'd still debark according to your tag. I did not go as I was self-assist. It amazed me how many signed up for self-assist, when they could barely handle their carry-on!

Babette

Thank you for the CWC breakfast info. That's a great perk aboard both ships.

As to excess self-help impedimenta,I think some people are afraid of not getting a cab if they wait for the regular disembarkation. A Brooklyn arrival does carry that worry.

In my case, I leave the Red Hook Terminal via the pedestrian gate and board the B61 bus along Van Brunt Street for downtown Brooklyn and the F train to the UES. On the West Side, I take the M50 across 50th Street to the Third Avenue bus (101/102/103).

Being an OAP, I am home for One Dollar.

Ted in NYC

We had an invitation to a World Club meeting in the Commodore Club, but the meeting was 2-4 pm embarkation day, and in our outside mail slot, which we did not check until we left the room for the lifeboat drill at 4:30! So we missed that. But we went up to the Commodore club at 11:30 the next morning, hoping to see some of the people who been posting on cruisecritic, saw the mini-buffet set up, and have been using it for a quick coffee and fruit before the lectures, since then. It has been sparsely used since the first day however.

Thanks for the notes on the bus to catch from Red Hook: if we can get reduced to two small suitcases and ship the rest, we will use the bus option next April!

Some nice big blue waves with whitecaps and a little motion as we head to Willamstead tomorrow!

We have been able to take a short Cunard-sponsored tour, then find the local trains in most ports on the QM2 cruises: but the "tram" for Willamstead looked like it had rubber tires, so we are on for the submarine!

stop David

David - That's great. I am delighted you enjoyed the ocean liner murals and GCT. Lucky you to have experienced four inches of snow on the decks. You must be toasty warm by now.

and while I am at it

Sharon/Steve/Gavin & Trevor - Thank you for the compliments re-lectures and talk from the bridge.

QV surpassed my expectations as a seaboat, and one on which to spend seven delightful days on the North Atlantic. She may not be a beauty to look at but she is warm and attractive within, the Lido notwithstanding.

Ted back in a frigid NYC

Thanks Ted. It was lovely to meet you & your lectures were great. We were sorry we missed your last one the port of NYC & it wasn't on the tv!!:mad:

We were to busy on the bridge, so unfortunately it was a no brainer.

Hope to catch it another time.

Sharon & Steve, in a wet uk

Archived