2 questions...beach and shopping...help, please!

MaryL31

DH and I went to Nachi Cocum on our last trip to Cozumel...bringing our teenagers with us this time, and we know that Nachi will be too laid-back for them, although we loved it! Would Paradise Beach be a good choice for our active and very social teens? Any other suggestions? DH and I are not big drinkers...a margarita (or 2) will suffice. Also, we only shopped right near the port last time...it was the more northern port on the island (RCCL)...I keep reading about San Miguel...I take it that where we shopped was NOT San Miguel? Would we need to taxi to San Miguel? Thanks...Mary

DH and I went to Nachi Cocum on our last trip to Cozumel...bringing our teenagers with us this time, and we know that Nachi will be too laid-back for them, although we loved it! Would Paradise Beach be a good choice for our active and very social teens? Any other suggestions? DH and I are not big drinkers...a margarita (or 2) will suffice. Also, we only shopped right near the port last time...it was the more northern port on the island (RCCL)...I keep reading about San Miguel...I take it that where we shopped was NOT San Miguel? Would we need to taxi to San Miguel? Thanks...Mary

I don't know where you dock on your last trip. If it was Puerta Maya or International Pier you were south of town a couple of miles. Punta Langosta is in San Miguel proper. Shopping is everywhere, but the best bargains are towards the center of town, away from the tourist sites.

If I had teens I would opt for PB unless they wanted to snorkel. Then I would go to Chankanaab Park.

We went to PB the last two cruises. One with teen and preteen, one ne just DH and I. The kids had fun. I think they would have had just as much fun renting a jeep and seeing the whole island. They didn't enjoy the activities as much as I thought they would (they had bungee tramps on the ship). I think the oldest may have benefited from getting more of the local flavor since he's taking Spanish in school.

I would look at where Cozumel is in your itenirary and if you'll be worn out and need a beach day. We had snorkeled the day before so we almost needed a break from the beach the day we were in Coz.

Archived