Islander, Italian Restaurant?

alcpa1

Islander,

We are coming for a land trip to STT in a few weeks. The last time we were there we ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant near Red Hook. We can't remember the name of the restaurant. If it is still there we want to make reservations. Can you help? Coming from the Marriott, we turned right on an unpaved road and the restaurant was in a former home on the right. I don't think that there was a sign either.

Thank you.

AL

Hello Al,

Romanos? (right next door to the former Marriott Renaissance Resort in Smith Bay, close to Coral World and Coki Beach) Is that it?

There is also a great Italian restaurant downtown called Fagioli Ristorante. (I know thats not the one you are looking for - LOL - its right on the waterfront, but thought I'd mention it.)

--Islander

You make me think I should do more research.

Last time we went to St John and had one heck of a Cheeseburger right there on the beach at Trunk Bay.

I would never have thought to look for a great Italian Restaurant in St Thomas.

Islander, if you had to name one, just one, restaurant to suggest for, say, your very best friend in the world who was coming to visit, which would it be? (if you don't mind answering)

• 4 weeks later...

Based on a previous recommendation from Islander we had dinner at Banana Tree Grill in November when we were in St Thomas on Volendam. Ship didn't leave until 11 pm so we decided to try a local place. Had a WONDERFUL meal, great view and excellent service. I had mahi mahi in a garlic lime sauce that was just out of this world. Place is open air and basically on the side of a hill. I would caution anyone with mobility problems that there are a LOT of stairs to get to the restaurant and back. Wife was still recovering from knee replacement surgery and using a cane and I use a cane as well pending upcoming knee replacement. We might have chosen another place if we had been aware of the logistics of getting into the restaurant... but then I'd have missed that great garlic lime sauce. *S*

Pricing was in the $25-32 range for entrees as I remember. Certainly worth it in our opinion.

Archived