Hello frm the Grand Princess

Toto2Kansas

Toto,

Just wondering, when you were disembarking the ship, did they take your cruise card? Usually we like to keep these, but on a few cruises they collect them at the gangway as you "ding" out through security.

Thanks,

:)

I'm not Toto, but this time they did not keep our cards, but handed them back to us. On the Star on September, they kept them. Don't know why the difference.

Finally home after a long day yesterday. Flights were perfect and on time, even the connections, which was a surprise. Long drive home from the airport so was pooped by the time we got in. FLL was so quiet yesterday (only two ships disembarking) it was very strange. No lines at all at security so it only took minutes. Very painless.

Great cruise, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Again, Thank you for the info. We didn't even need to call the diningroom that last night. We had our room service staff member (always the same one that delivered) check on this for us. He told us he was sure the answer was 'no' but he would check. Two days later he called our suite as we hadn't ordered room service in a few days, to let us know he was incorrect, this was available for full suites only, all we had to do was call and order whatever we wanted to be delivered the final morning. So, that is exactly what we did, and the regular room service didn't have to re-direct our call to the diningroom as it had in the past, they took the order and delivered it for us. Breakfast was delivered at 7:00 on the dot. It was so very nice not to have to fight the crowd in the HC or go to the diningroom that last morning, and we enjoyed our breakfast that last day watching Port Everglades getting ready for our disembarkation. What a great end to two beautiful weeks onboard. Thanks again, I failed doing this on one cruise in a suite, so never tried it again. Your added info helped out a lot. :)

Toto

I am so glad it worked out for you. It sure does make that last day much more enjoyable and just the icing on the cake. I was wondering if maybe we were just lucky because so many others have never had breakfast on the last day.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time and glad you had a safe journey home.

When is your next cruise? We are booked for Hawaii 14 day in Sept. (also a ph suite), can't wait.

Sincerely

Susan

7am and not one minute before even if they are there. BUT worth it and also the cards can be carried over from ship to ship. At least in our case thats what happened.

Thanks. It sounds like you have some experience with the lobby bar baristas! I was a bit bummed when I found out that they didn't add an International Cafe to the Grand since I heard that is open 24/7 and was looking forward to an early java jolt. I guess we'll just have to hang in until 7. :-)

Toto

I am so glad it worked out for you. It sure does make that last day much more enjoyable and just the icing on the cake. I was wondering if maybe we were just lucky because so many others have never had breakfast on the last day.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time and glad you had a safe journey home.

When is your next cruise? We are booked for Hawaii 14 day in Sept. (also a ph suite), can't wait.

Sincerely

Susan

Susan, Well, it seems to be not widely known about the breakfast delivery. I had never even heard of it before that last morning. In fact, we did try to order it on the Dawn in our full suite and were called and told that they would not deliver on disembarkation morning, even to full suites, so I held out very little hope, but trusted your experience getting this accomplished. It took our room service staff a couple of days to check into it for us and actually get the right answer. At first he said he was 99% sure they wouldn't deliver it but he would check with his boss. Two days went by (as we didn't order from room service, so we hadn't seen him since we asked). The night before disembarkation he called our suite to let us know that yes, we can order a full breakfast that last morning, just call in the order that evening. And the regular room service number took the order, didn't have to speak to the diningroom as we usually did, no questions asked. They happily delivered it right on the dot, the time we chose.

Yes, it was so much nicer than fighting the crowds at the HC or dressing early to make it to the diningroom. Thank you again, it was a pleasent send off for us that final morning.

Next scheduled cruise is on the Pacific Princess the beginning of October. Booked an OS suite for that one. Will have to try the old room service breakfast on that last morning again on this smaller ship and see what happens. Since there is no early disembarkation in Tahiti, just vacating our rooms (if I remember correctly) by 10:00 AM, we will see what happens. ;)

You made our final morning onboard, and again, I thank you for the information. ;) Hope your Hawaii cruise is wonderful and you are also able to get your final breakfast delivered to make disembarkation less painful. ;)

Archived