Trying to understand the Drink Thing !!!!!

Rick & Rosella

If the juice, pop, etc is free at the buffet, then what are the hours of the buffet.

So as long as you go to the buffet for a drink, it will be free like the food. I'm not trying to be cheap as such, but neither my wife or I drink alcohol, so we are trying to figure out what would be the best value for us.

We have heard about the X1 Card or Deal, it seems to be a possiblity but if you don't drink alcohol, like beer and wine, it would cost us over 500.00 for the two of us over the 17 day cruise. Just wondering if it is the way to go or not. $500.00 would pay for a few overpriced drinkings with dinner if that was the only time you would be having to use the X1 aside from the free buffet.

This is the coolest site for people to help people to get the real goods on cruising.

Thanks for the help

Rick :confused: :) :o

juice is just free at breakfast,

later on just coffee, tea (from teabags) and ice-water are free.

Depending on your destination,. there may, or may not be iced tea.

All other drinks are charged!

The X1 is good for drinks during lunch and dinner in both the buffet and the dining room, every else drinks will be charged.

Only you can decide if you drink that much pop by the class that it´s worth the X1 if you are not into alcohol.

I for myself decided long ago to buy a water package (I don´t like the water purified onboard) and a boys and girls card, which is worth 20 non-alcoholic beverages such as pop, fresh juices and non-alcoholic cocktails... That´s what I´m going to buy on our upcoming cruise, too.

The X1, in my opinion just pays for itself if you are drinking wine or beer as both is expensive...

Is it possible for my wife and I to purchase one(1) X1 card and the two of us get drinks from that - making it a little cheaper? Or do you have to purchase per person?

Is there an option to just purchase non-alcoholic drinks?

What about the child's drink card? It is for 20 drinks, and I don't think each of my daughters would drink that much on the cruise.

Can they share the card or is that per person, too?

Thanks!

Thank you! I think I am going to purchase one because it can then be shared between my two daughters and my one grandson who are coming on the cruise. They certainly don't need any more than 20 between the 3 of them! That will be one at dinner each night with one left to purchase.

The childrens package includes soda, shirley temples, strawberry and banana daqouries and juices. pretty much all non alchoholic drinks.

and yes it is a paper booklet. It can be bought on the ship as well.

The x1 was a good deal for my husband and I. we purchased two but the first night of dinner the asst. waiter asked for my husbands card he looked at it. he then gave us all my 3 kids included canned soda wine and beer for the duration of the cruise without ever asking for it again.

even though ive heard it differs from cruise to cruise and waiter to waiter

Archived