anbody use any of the body wraps pre cruise?

jschafer6161

We leave in 55 days. has anyone tried any of the body wrap, seaweed wraps, etc., and if so, did you get good results and for how long. I know it's not a permanent fix, but I would like to look good for the week.

I have! What I have found is that they are not good for shrinking you. This is unfortunately what they tout in all their fanfare.

That being said, they are EXCELLENT for the skin. I have noticed a tightening of loose skin as I lost weight as a result of wraps. Also, as part of a regular regimen, I noticed a reduction in the appearance of cellulite when I would wrap.

55 days is a good time away to eat more of the best and less of the rest and be active! With wraps, I am sure you will be pleased.

If you decide to do your own wraps, I recommend the book Home Spa by Greta Breedlove. There are several wrap recipes and techniques that are easy to accomplish on your own. Also, peek in at Ebay - there have been several purveyors of wrap kits. It can save you hundreds! Though seriously, the book is all you need.

Also, I would recommend the technique of dry brushing your skin, and the use of a product (which you can really make on your own) called Hippo Glow.

I did the same thing and went to a chain called American Body Wraps. The price was quite reasonable. But they are very clear to tell you that the MOST "success" with them is a diet with exercise included.

I agree..my skin felt like velvet even after the first wrap and did for days. But, as soon as you start eating and drinking again anything "lost" comes back.

I would do it again for what it did for my skin.

I have! What I have found is that they are not good for shrinking you. This is unfortunately what they tout in all their fanfare.

That being said, they are EXCELLENT for the skin. I have noticed a tightening of loose skin as I lost weight as a result of wraps. Also, as part of a regular regimen, I noticed a reduction in the appearance of cellulite when I would wrap.

55 days is a good time away to eat more of the best and less of the rest and be active! With wraps, I am sure you will be pleased.

If you decide to do your own wraps, I recommend the book Home Spa by Greta Breedlove. There are several wrap recipes and techniques that are easy to accomplish on your own. Also, peek in at Ebay - there have been several purveyors of wrap kits. It can save you hundreds! Though seriously, the book is all you need.

Also, I would recommend the technique of dry brushing your skin, and the use of a product (which you can really make on your own) called Hippo Glow.

I would do it again for what it did for my skin.

if you are adventurous enough to run to a few natural food stores, and buy some bulk items, you can do those treatments yourself for a FRACTION of the cost.

for about $85 in supplies, you can get the materials to give yourself 10-12 wraps. it is AWESOME for the skin!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived