ohioNCLcruiser

OceanDreaming2

Hey everyone,

First thanks for all the well wishes messages it really means a lot!!

I was hoping I would be reporting good news today but nothing is confirmed yet. I was going to wait till I heard something before I posted but it sounds like that will be tomorrow morning. Hopefully the good vibes I'm getting here will help tomorrow so I will fill you in on my plans.

Since I left NCL America I have spent many nights trying to decide exactly what I want to do next. I looked at some schools, cruise lines, hotels etc. I decided I want to stick with the cruise industry for another contract or two till I go back to school. For anyone interested I'm going to major in Hospitality management and minor in Business finance.

When I left NCL America several of us went to Disney and some went to Royal Caribbean. I applied with a few lines and got far with a few but decided I didn't want to try an entirely new company yet. Looking back at my good history with the NCL group (Jade PR trip, F3 keel laying etc) I decided to try joining NCL International and leave NCL America. It was a great two years but I have done everything I wanted to do there. Plus its time to experience a foreign flagged ship. One of the main reasons though is there are certain veryyy special people with NCL on the international ships that I would hate to not be working, living and enjoying the experience with! With that in mind I'm going to do anything I can do to get placed on the Norwegian Spirit.

So when I decided this is what I wanted to do I interviewed with NCL for the Jr. Receptionist position last week and I'm just waiting to hear back. This is what I did on the Pride Of America before I left and got a great last evaluation so I'm not too worried. I have people like Klaus as some references so I'm good there. Hopefully they will approve it!

If I get hired I would love to go out to the ship yard and be part of the F3's inaugural season. I think working under Klaus would be a great experience. Also I'm sure I will meet many of you being on one of NCL's international ships vs. NCL America.

That's all for now, wish me luck that I hear good news tomorrow.

P.S. did anyone really think they could see me on another ship that doesn't say Norwegian on its hull right now?!?!?! :p

I've been mostly lurking, but was starting to wonder if you would be changing your username :D Glad to hear you aren't!

Don't suppose you'll end up on something as soon as the Jewel this Sunday ;)

The Spirit is a great ship. One of our favorites. Good luck! Hope to see you on her somewhere down the line!

BTW, sticking with NCL is the right decision for you IMO, particularly in light of the great experiences you've had with them thus far. Associating you with any other line just wouldn't fit!

The HD on the Star told us he reads CC all the time, as do other officers. So, if anyone with any "pull" with NCL reads this, offer that job to James!!! Look at his resume; you'd be foolish to not rehire him! With a thread of nearly 6,000 views, they've got to know James is popular!

James - The Spirit is one ship we haven't been on yet -- it would be great to meet you!

James - I'm very glad to hear that you want to stick with NCL. I've never been on the Spirit but have been wanting to. Knowing you'd be working on her might be the incentive I need to book that cruise. I will keep positive thoughts tonight and hope you get the good word tomorrow.

James. Donna and I wish you good luck, and happiness in whatever you do, and promise we will see you on the Spirit if you end up there, if she is on the New England schedule the fall of 2010. I have been teasing throughout this thread, about the Dream, but really do wish NCL would see what a wonderful port it is, with all the pre and post cruise activities and attractions so close.

I'll be checking in tomorrow to hear your good news. Power of positive thinking.

Al

Kimo (James in Hawaiian), sure hope you get the job on the Spirit. The office manager there, Bon, is a wonderful person. With you added to her staff, NCL will have the best.

Because of the great crew we want to return to the Spirit next year and you will make it greater.

Hope NCL is reading all the comments.

paiagirl

I do hope NCL reads this and makes a smart move and hires James. He is very much an asset to NCL and to CC. Hey.. come to think of it.. CC. got any openings for James?? 8-)

James. I have a question for you.. a two part question. 1. Do you know the length of contract the Concierge usually has with NCL? and 2. is there a way to email the Concierge on a certain ship? If you want to answer my second question via email, that is cool.

I do hope NCL reads this and makes a smart move and hires James. He is very much an asset to NCL and to CC. Hey.. come to think of it.. CC. got any openings for James?? 8-)

James. I have a question for you.. a two part question. 1. Do you know the length of contract the Concierge usually has with NCL? and 2. is there a way to email the Concierge on a certain ship? If you want to answer my second question via email, that is cool.

Contract should be 4 months I think. What ship did you have in mind? Email me.

Archived