DAWN AB Penthouse - Perks for Specialty Rest????

cruisecap

My understanding is the AB Penthouse occupants get special privileges for reservations in the speciality restaurants. That being the case, can we get in for dinner even if they are fully booked???

Thanks

The perk is that you can make your reservations for the whole week through your Concierge. And occasionally the Concierge will have spaces available for last minute changes to your plans, with the possible exception of Teppanyaki.

PE

The perk of being able to make reservations several days in advance is just that -- reservations. Non-suite passengers cannot make reservations so far in advance, so that gives you "priority" in that sense. It does not give you the "right" to bump others who have prior reservations, just because of your cabin choice.

My understanding is the AB Penthouse occupants get special privileges for reservations in the speciality restaurants. That being the case, can we get in for dinner even if they are fully booked???

Thanks

There are typically cancellations and no-shows; just be flexible and you'll most likely get into a booked restaurant.

Better yet, let the concierge know your preferences in the begining and that'll fix it.

BEST yet, you can order from any restaurant at any time via your butler and have the same dinner in your ensuite dining area. The good part about this is, say you want escargot from Le Bistro, a steak from Cagney's, and Tiramisu from the Italian restaurant; your butler will get your choices from the varied restaurant. The service charge is based on the main course selected but talk about have the best of all worlds...in one meal!

baker,

sorry didn't mean to imply "bumping" any passenger. I don't believe any room should have the privilege of bumping someone. Just was asking if the restaurant was stating "full" could the butler get you in.

Thanks

baker,

sorry didn't mean to imply "bumping" any passenger. I don't believe any room should have the privilege of bumping someone. Just was asking if the restaurant was stating "full" could the butler get you in.

Thanks

Understood. Not the usually the butler but the concierge that is their job. You may have to be flexible. I have stopped at the reservation desk and been told nothing was available for my choice. Called the concierge they may not be able to get the time you want but with few exceptions they will get you in. Example that day I wanted the Bistro for 8pm. They were able to get us in at 8:45. When Mama's was free it was the most difficult reservation when I called late the same day I did get in but it was at 9:20pm.

Just don't expect to call at 4 pm and get a 7:30 reservation. It could happen but don't plan on it.

With all the promo's now for OBC this might very well change, but from what we have seen of the specialty restaurants over the last year, you probably will not have trouble getting any reservation you want anyway with the exception of maybe the last night of the cruise. For some reason a lot of people like to save the specialty restaurants for the last night, but other than that, we have found them to be getting used a lot less over the last year. You may not always get the exact time you want..ie. 7:30, but I would almost bet you could get any night you want, just by walking up that evening and asking. If a certain time and/or day is important to you, of course I do recomment a reservation and again, with all the OBC's lately, this is likely to change.

Yes, you have priority. What that means is that they usually set aside a few tables for AE's and above in most of the specialty restaurants in case those pax call last minute. The only exception to this is Teppanyaki because it has such limited seating. No bumping, but you may be surprised at how easily you can get a table. As others have said, be flexible in case they are overwhelmed with requests for reservations, they may not hold those tables for long.

Archived