Century Dress Code Help

Darcy03231

I'm due to leave on the Century in 2 weeks and was hoping someone who has cruised both the Century and either Carnival or RCCL can help.

I'm ok for formal night and DH and I both wear formal (evening gown and dark suit/tie on all lines). Its the other nights I'm having trouble with. On Carnival or RCCL I wear either black dress slacks or a black skirt and a nice top (think work or church clothes) so I can mix/match and limit how much luggage I need to bring. DH wears dress slacks and a collared shirt sometimes with a sport coat and sometimes without (work or church clothes). Is the dress code on non-formal nights more formal than this? We both have the clothes to dress more formally if necessary (I have lots of semi-formal wear, cocktail dresses and dressy pantsuits). l'm just trying to not bring clothes I won't need.

No worries -- sounds like you're perfectly well set with what you already have planned! :D

Last summer on Century (in the Baltic) we saw just about everything you can imagine in the clothing category, but most folks stuck to the basics.

Happy New Year to you!!

In case you haven't read the FAQ's on the website, all nights except formal are now considered "smart casual". That is defined as "pants or skirt with a blouse or sweater" for women and "pants with no rips, holes or tears with a shirt that must have sleeves" for men. You will be fine with what you have described. I normally bring a pair eachof very nice white and black slacks, then mix and match tops for dinner. FYI you can easily get away with either a cocktail dress or dressy pantsuit for any formal night as well--no need to bring a "gown" unless you want to.

Have fun!

Cathy

For years now on Celebrity very few men have worn sports jackets for dinner. Now with the more relaxed guidelines, a button down shirt or collared golf shirt for men are perfectly fine. Remember, at the longest this is a 5 day cruise, so you can't possibly need that much. We were on the Century 5 day last year, and although there were some men in tuxes, there were not that many, and there were very few gowns.

I'm due to leave on the Century in 2 weeks and was hoping someone who has cruised both the Century and either Carnival or RCCL can help.

I'm ok for formal night and DH and I both wear formal (evening gown and dark suit/tie on all lines). Its the other nights I'm having trouble with. On Carnival or RCCL I wear either black dress slacks or a black skirt and a nice top (think work or church clothes) so I can mix/match and limit how much luggage I need to bring. DH wears dress slacks and a collared shirt sometimes with a sport coat and sometimes without (work or church clothes). Is the dress code on non-formal nights more formal than this? We both have the clothes to dress more formally if necessary (I have lots of semi-formal wear, cocktail dresses and dressy pantsuits). l'm just trying to not bring clothes I won't need.

You will be fine with your choice for smart casual and above.

Archived