Has anyone gotten credit through HAL?

NeilFan

I see HAL is offering an incentive package for new bookings which would have made our cruisetour about $900 cheaper. We booked in September through a travel agent. Has anyone had any luck getting a refund or credit when these offerings are made? Will going through a TA make this more of a problem -- I'm thinking they won't want to go to the trouble to check on this.

Another question -- is it advisable to cancel your booking to take advantage of a better offer? Any disadvantages to this? We booked a guarantee category so don't need to worry about losing a special cabin.

Thanks for your advice.

Rene

I cancel all the time to take advantage of price drops in all modes of travel. Will depend, how they deal with the "new bookings"?? In the past, there was some talk about even with canceling people still were not entitled to the "new booking" rates, and could not book. It also depends how attached you are to your cabin?? I don't care where I am on a ship and only interested in the lowest price. :)

Archived