Bannister Beach

tiba99

When you get off the tender at the peir, head right down the dock. You will see a small office near the end of the dock called Ecological Tours ( Water. Adventures ). Sign up for the tour to bannister island. Cost $35 per person. Goes for 4 hours. Really nice island and service was excellent. I would recommend you pay by cash as they charge 5% for credit card use. They have tours going through out the day to the island so you can arrange to take a later return boat so you have extra time at beach. This was worth it. Keep in mind you will be swarmed by tour sellers once you get off the tender but they will leave if you tell them you are heading to ecological tours. We were just there last week so are speaking from very recent experience.

Do you have to do any other type of tour with ecological tours to be taken to Bannister Island? I emailed Coral Breeze tours, and they told me they were the only tour company that takes guests to Bannister Island without booking through the cruise ships. However, I had to take a Manatee Watch tour or a snorkeling tour along to be able to get to Bannister Island.

Go to Bannister. We just got back. Our barrier reef snorkel excursion dropped us there for about an hour. It's beautiful and not crowded at all.

I dont snorkel..would you know if they have anything just if you want to relax on the beach?

We also didn't want to book the bannister island with the manatee watch through coral breezes. Do a search for Ecological tours and email them and ask. We paid $35 each and got to the island about 10:15 a.m. We had absolutely no problem and well worth it.I should add we were there a good 3 hours and could have stayed longer and taken a later boat back to the peir if we wanted.

We also didn't want to book the bannister island with the manatee watch through coral breezes. Do a search for Ecological tours and email them and ask. We paid $35 each and got to the island about 10:15 a.m. We had absolutely no problem and well worth it.I should add we were there a good 3 hours and could have stayed longer and taken a later boat back to the peir if we wanted.

awesome, I will email them now. Thank you.

Have you been to costa maya or cozumel? IF you have did you go to any of the all inclusive beach clubs?

I've emailed Ecological Tours and received confirmation of $35 per person which is 3.5 hours on Bannister Island without having to do a snorkel tour or a manatee watch tour. I am just waiting on an email back from them if children are the same price as adults. I will post that price once I receive the answer.

I've emailed Ecological Tours and received confirmation of $35 per person which is 3.5 hours on Bannister Island without having to do a snorkel tour or a manatee watch tour. I am just waiting on an email back from them if children are the same price as adults. I will post that price once I receive the answer.

awesome.. thank you. Do you have to get the tickets online or at the pier. Can you stay longer then 3.5 hours???

You can buy tickets right at the peir. We wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was. I didn't take enough cash to buy the tickets so ended up putting on my credit card. I was a little concerned as they told me that one US dollar was equal to 2 belize dollars. They put it on card in Belize dollars. I had no idea what the exchange rate was so I had to trust them and signed the slip. They also charge 5% for using your credit card. I checked my visa card on line on return and absolutely no problem. Was charged what I was supposed to and on the ship I confirmed the US dollar was equal to 2 Belize dollars so all was good. When you buy your tickets check about coming back on a little later boat if you want to stay a little longer. I can also tell you that those who took the ship excursions were really bummed about having to leave the island so early because of the excursion they were on. We had no problem getting chairs.

Sorry I didn't really like Costa Maya and we have been before the most recent hurricane and then just last week. Actually a week ago today. It has gotten really full of stores and merchants and I felt they were very aggressive. It was like controlled bartering 101. We stayed by the pool area for a while which got really busy and then sat by the beach for a while. Free chairs so not a problem finding one. The beach area was very rocky. There was also a beach side pool which I don't remember from last time. If we were to go again we would either stay on ship or book an excursion with ship to beach break. It was not a very nice day so I am happy we didn't book an excursion to a beach in the rain. We have been to cozumel a number of times and each time we have gone to chacanabon ( sorry about spelling ) not sure what is like after hurricane but before that we really liked it. It took a few bucks in cab, there was an entrance fee I think around $10 but they had a small lagoon area which, hard to beleive had some of the best snorkelling I have ever experienced. If you have small kids it is an excellent opportunity for them to try snorkelling as it is very shallow but lots of fish to see.

Sorry I didn't really like Costa Maya and we have been before the most recent hurricane and then just last week. Actually a week ago today. It has gotten really full of stores and merchants and I felt they were very aggressive. It was like controlled bartering 101. We stayed by the pool area for a while which got really busy and then sat by the beach for a while. Free chairs so not a problem finding one. The beach area was very rocky. There was also a beach side pool which I don't remember from last time. If we were to go again we would either stay on ship or book an excursion with ship to beach break. It was not a very nice day so I am happy we didn't book an excursion to a beach in the rain. We have been to cozumel a number of times and each time we have gone to chacanabon ( sorry about spelling ) not sure what is like after hurricane but before that we really liked it. It took a few bucks in cab, there was an entrance fee I think around $10 but they had a small lagoon area which, hard to beleive had some of the best snorkelling I have ever experienced. If you have small kids it is an excellent opportunity for them to try snorkelling as it is very shallow but lots of fish to see.

Thank you so much marty for your help. Its to bad that you didn't enjoy costa caya. I have never been but I have heard wonderful things about the place. And to be honest I heard negative things about belize lol

This trip im taking in feb will be my first time at both places so I cant really jugde on these places. I also been to cozumel and loved it there! I went to playa mia! This time im thinking about nachi cocom or paradise beach!!

But thank you again. For bannister Island I will be going to the ecolicgial tent to get the tickets. And i will cross my fingers that I can stay longer at the island. :)

I got the rates for my boys who are 7 & 4. Ecological Tours are charging us $15 per child. I also asked if we can stay longer, and they told me that depends if there will be a later boat to take us back or not. If there is a later boat and room for extra passengers, then they will let you stay longer on Bannister Beach.

I got the rates for my boys who are 7 & 4. Ecological Tours are charging us $15 per child. I also asked if we can stay longer, and they told me that depends if there will be a later boat to take us back or not. If there is a later boat and room for extra passengers, then they will let you stay longer on Bannister Beach.

Awesome, thanks for the input :)

If you do not want to stay the whole 3.5 hrs can you come back early?

I'm not too sure on that. I'm sure the same applies if you want to come back early as it does for going back later. If there is a boat with room for extra passengers, they'd likely take you back. You can email Ecological Tours, I've been in touch with Patricia. She's been very helpful and pretty quick at getting back to me...

I can't find this website for Ecological Tours - do you know what it is???

Can you go there by taxi or you have to book an excursion with Royal?

If you just want to go to the island I would do it throuh the ship. they will take you directly to the island and then back to the ship.

Anyone take Bannister Island thru cruise ship?? I am trying to avoid the long tender BUT I want to ship at dock after beach..Is that possible with cruise ship excursion there or do I have to book thru Eco and put up with long tender??

If you want to shop afterwards you will probably have to tender in after you get back to the ship from the island. Depending on what other ports you have you will probaby have better shopping at the other ports.

• 10 months later...

I just booked Ecological tours for my family of 6--snorkeling and Bannister island for 4 hours--40 pp to snorkle and 30 pp to go to the beach. We originally wanted to book with Coral Breezes but they were full. Coral Breeezes suggested Ecological tours and said they had a very good reputation.

I just booked Ecological tours for my family of 6--snorkeling and Bannister island for 4 hours--40 pp to snorkle and 30 pp to go to the beach. We originally wanted to book with Coral Breezes but they were full. Coral Breeezes suggested Ecological tours and said they had a very good reputation.

How was Bannister? I have read that Carnival quit going there because it wasn't up to their standards or something like that. So have they fixed it back up? I will be there in May and want to just do some snorkeling and go to the beach at Bannister. Thanks for posting.

Archived