Wine Corkage Fee

lvrodmic

How much wine are you allowed to carry on board. Do they charge the corkage fee if you only drink wine in your room and not in the dining room. My aunt only drinks a glass of wine before she goes to bed. Thank you.

I don't believe there is a hard limit... so any reasonable amount should be fine.

The corkage fee applies WHEREVER you drink it... public spaces or not.

I normally carry anywhere from 2-6 bottles on board...depends on the length of the cruise and number of people in our immediate party.

You pay $15 per bottle (charged to your room & normally billed from the main dinning room) before you get on the ship...no matter where you drink the wine and no matter if you drink it or not....you pay by the # of bottles you carry on.

Never heard of a real limit per say, but I wouldn't foresee a problem you were carrying on a reasonable # of bottles.

How do they know you are carrying wine on? A few years ago, I went on a Princess cruise and I carried six bottles of wine on in a small duffel bag. It looked just like any other carry-on type of bag. I don't remember if they scanned the bag or not.

How do they know you are carrying wine on? A few years ago, I went on a Princess cruise and I carried six bottles of wine on in a small duffel bag. It looked just like any other carry-on type of bag. I don't remember if they scanned the bag or not.

Just like the airline all carry on bags are scanned.

what about carrying on hard liquor? Is that permitted? Also, on my last cruise, my friend bought a case of corona on our way to the port on departure day. He left it with the porter, basically as another checked bag. I said that it would never arrive at our room. Funny enough, it was there with our luggage later that day.

what about carrying on hard liquor? Is that permitted? Also, on my last cruise, my friend bought a case of corona on our way to the port on departure day. He left it with the porter, basically as another checked bag. I said that it would never arrive at our room. Funny enough, it was there with our luggage later that day.

NCL scans both hand luggage and checked luggage for booze its not allowed. Beer neither and NCL does check but as with any smuggling there is a chance it will get aboard....(50/50)....the only way to make sure is to refuse boarding to anyone found with liquor and no line has threatened that yet(except RC and I don't think they have actually done it yet)

this summer we carried a case of wine onto the Sun (12 bottles) (we were with a large group of people-not just two fo us!). they didn't bat an eye at the number of bottles but had a hard time understanding that we were willing to pay the $15 per bottle and clarified this with us several times before charging us.

We are cruising with a large family group (24) in February. I have bought about 8 large (1.5 L) bottles of wine which I would like to bring aboard (and pay the corkage fee). I have read in at least one place that the $15 fee is only for the standard, 750 ml sized bottles and the fee is higher for the larger bottles. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your help.

We are cruising with a large family group (24) in February. I have bought about 8 large (1.5 L) bottles of wine which I would like to bring aboard (and pay the corkage fee). I have read in at least one place that the $15 fee is only for the standard, 750 ml sized bottles and the fee is higher for the larger bottles. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your help.

There have been reports both ways. If you spread the bottles amongst multiple carry-ons, you may have better luck. wink wink

Archived