Excursion $$$ Prebook or Onboard?

gill_boo

Hi all,

Its wonderful that Carnival has finally posted their shore excursion prices for all to see, not just those booked. Now, here is the question. The prices we see online, are they going to be the same onboard or does Carnival jack the prices because you didn't prebook? I usually just do my own thing and haven't really looked at excursions with Carnival until now since its usually a lot cheaper to do it on your own, but I am looking at a possibility for my upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Its wonderful that Carnival has finally posted their shore excursion prices for all to see, not just those booked. Now, here is the question. The prices we see online, are they going to be the same onboard or does Carnival jack the prices because you didn't prebook? I usually just do my own thing and haven't really looked at excursions with Carnival until now since its usually a lot cheaper to do it on your own, but I am looking at a possibility for my upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

The prices are the same.

gill if you find a Carnival excursion you really want to do, I would

book it on line before you cruise. We were really disappointed to find

many of the excursions filled when we went down to book the after

noon of embarking!!!.

We usually try to book our own excursions and not use Carnival......

but some excursions can only be booked THRU the cruiseline. In that

case we book on line before sailing.

Happy cruising:)

As someone has already mentioned, you should book ASAP if there is something you REALLY want to do, especially if it has limited seating. For example, we did a helicopter landing on a glacier in AK and many people were shut out since they waited to book. If it is an excursion that is easily expanded, lets say a walking tour of a nearby site, it is unlikely to be filled up ahead of time, so you can book onboard.

DaveOKC

The prices are the same.

Not always true -

We booked an excursion on the Carnival website before our last cruise. Our friends waited and booked onboard - it was $10 p/p more than we paid online!

Not always true -

We booked an excursion on the Carnival website before our last cruise. Our friends waited and booked onboard - it was $10 p/p more than we paid online!

How far in advance did you book? The price at the 3 day cut off should be the exact same as it is on board. If you booked months in advance the price can go up or down.

Archived