St John-Resort Day Passes

teresapink

We will be going to St Thomas on a cruise in April. I have always wanted to see St John. Do any of the resorts offer day passes? I would love to do Trunk Bay or Cinnamon, but my teens would like some ammenities, like a pool and restaurant!

Thanks for any suggestions!

T

There are really only two real resort type hotels on St John...The Westin and Caneel Bay. The Westin has a resort type pool as well as a sandy beach (that was man made). I don't know if they allow day passes to non guests. You really need to call them.

Caneel doesn't allow non guests to use their facilities. Non guests can use one their beaches...the main Caneel beach ....but you cannot use the lounge chairs or water sports toys such as the sunfishes or kayacks. You can go to their restaurants for lunch. Caneel has a small pool far from the main beach area and it is a very plain rectangular pool like you would find at a Holiday Inn. People who go to Caneel do not go for the pool they go for the beaches.

Cinnamon Bay has a watersports booth with windsurfers, kayaks and some other non-motorized watersports for rent so maybe your kids would like there better. There is good snorkeling, nice beach, restrooms, restuarant and small store with snacks and other things, and there is a sugar planatation ruin and short self guided hiking trail right accross from the beach entrance road/parking area. Try a beach guide for more information: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st.+john+beach+guide+%2B+northside&fr=yfp-t-305&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8.

--Islander

Archived