Transfers

tulips*n*truffles

Can someone explain transfers to me? I've searched all over the Princess site, but no luck. I've read some things here, but all are almost a year ago and one said something about Princess no longer offering transfers or something...I can't imagine that's right.

If we arrive a day early, can we get a transfer from the airport (not booking air through Princess) to the hotel, then hotel to ship the next day? Then when we return, ship to airport? Where/when/how do I do that?

Can I get a transfer to the hotel if I don't book the hotel through Princess? The hotels I see offered are upwards of $300 a night! The more I read the more I'm nervous about flying in the day of - so this is new to me.

My flight (not yet booked) is into Vancouver and out of Anchorage - that's the itinerary of the cruise. Is there an alternative? Is there something like a transfer out of Anchorage back to Vancouver so we can be in and out of the same airport?

Thanks so much for your help! What a wealth of information you all have tucked away! :-)

Can someone explain transfers to me? I've searched all over the Princess site, but no luck. I've read some things here, but all are almost a year ago and one said something about Princess no longer offering transfers or something...I can't imagine that's right.

If we arrive a day early, can we get a transfer from the airport (not booking air through Princess) to the hotel, then hotel to ship the next day? Then when we return, ship to airport? Where/when/how do I do that?

Can I get a transfer to the hotel if I don't book the hotel through Princess? The hotels I see offered are upwards of $300 a night! The more I read the more I'm nervous about flying in the day of - so this is new to me.

My flight (not yet booked) is into Vancouver and out of Anchorage - that's the itinerary of the cruise. Is there an alternative? Is there something like a transfer out of Anchorage back to Vancouver so we can be in and out of the same airport?

Thanks so much for your help! What a wealth of information you all have tucked away! :-)

if you book your own pre hotel you would probably need to be back to the airport day of departure to get the transfer, if i am underrstanding this correctly. Transfer out of anchorage to vancouver would be flight only . Look at the distance between anchorage an vancouver...it would take you at least two days to transfer via motorcoach and princess does not offer.

I don't know anything about Anchorage so can't help you there. In Vancouver, I would suggest you take a cab. Is your hotel near the pier? The cab is approx. $30.00 CAD from the airport to Canada Place ( port )and I believe the Princess shuttle is about $25.00pp. Also, I believe the Princess transfer would be only from the airport to the port.

I think I have the same basic question as tulips*n*truffles. My husband and I are booked on a South American cruise with Princess for January of next year 2010. We want to book a Princess hotel for our short pre-cruise stay in Buenos Aires and we would like to arrange for a Princess transfer from the airport to the hotel when we arrive. We also would like to obtain a transfer from the ship to the airport at the end of the cruise. I cannot see where/how to do this online. Is there a way or do I have to get in touch with Princess by phone? We do not have a TA.

Motorcoach Service

With Princess' roundtrip motorcoach service, getting to the ship is as easy as getting to one of the convenient pick-up locations. Here you will board a motorcoach and travel in comfort with your luggage to the pier. You will also be delivered back to the same location after you disembark. Service is available from the cities listed below*. Contact your travel agent or 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) for program and pricing details

Transfers

If you purchased a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, a cruisetour transfer, or a Cruise Plus® Hotel Package, you will be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport. For domestic U.S. flights, you will be met inside or just exiting the luggage claim area. For international flights, you will be met as you exit the secure customs area. Claim all of your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area. From the airport, you'll be transferred to the ship or your hotel.

If you have not purchased your air from Princess, please provide us with your flight details no later than 45 days prior to your departure date. In the absence of this information, your transfer will be cancelled.

You may download the Non-Princess Air Arrangements form here.

If you have purchased a Princess Transfer at the start or end of the cruise and you require special assistance, be aware that lift equipped transportation may not be available in your port of embarkation or disembarkation. Arrangements must be secured in advance to accommodate your needs. To ensure that we can do so, we ask that you contact us at 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237).

Transfers

If you purchased a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, a cruisetour transfer, or a Cruise Plus® Hotel Package, you will be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport. You may download the Non-Princess Air Arrangements form here.

Where on earth did you find that?! Wow I must be blind! So I book my cruise, book my flight, and then call Princess to schedule the transfer - is that how that works? The form says "our records indicate..." does that mean there is a place after I book with more information?

Thanks so much!

Natalie

Motorcoach Service

With Princess' roundtrip motorcoach service, getting to the ship is as easy as getting to one of the convenient pick-up locations. Here you will board a motorcoach and travel in comfort with your luggage to the pier. You will also be delivered back to the same location after you disembark. Service is available from the cities listed below*. Contact your travel agent or 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) for program and pricing details

Transfers

If you purchased a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, a cruisetour transfer, or a Cruise Plus® Hotel Package, you will be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport. For domestic U.S. flights, you will be met inside or just exiting the luggage claim area. For international flights, you will be met as you exit the secure customs area. Claim all of your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area. From the airport, you'll be transferred to the ship or your hotel.

If you have not purchased your air from Princess, please provide us with your flight details no later than 45 days prior to your departure date. In the absence of this information, your transfer will be cancelled.

You may download the Non-Princess Air Arrangements form here.

If you have purchased a Princess Transfer at the start or end of the cruise and you require special assistance, be aware that lift equipped transportation may not be available in your port of embarkation or disembarkation. Arrangements must be secured in advance to accommodate your needs. To ensure that we can do so, we ask that you contact us at 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237).

Unless you are booking your hotel through Princess they will not be involved in hotel transfer at all. You want to make sure what hotel you use has transportation, such as airport shuttle, available for you. When you are ready for your Princess transfer to the ship the hotel will need to take you back to the airport. You will have paperwork from Princess that they have provided to you for your transfer to the ship and they will have your name on their list. You will then board a bus for you transfer and they will take care of your luggage.

When you disembark the ship they will have Princess buses available for your transfer. They will be taking you back to the airport. You will pick up your luggage up at the airport. If you are not staying an extra day you will be ready for flying home.

When you disembark the ship they will have Princess buses available for your transfer. They will be taking you back to the airport. You will pick up your luggage up at the airport. If you are not staying an extra day you will be ready for flying home.

As in you don't have to pre-reserve the ship-to-airport transfer? Only the initial airport-to-ship?

As in you don't have to pre-reserve the ship-to-airport transfer? Only the initial airport-to-ship?

No, it is two separate transfers and two different charges. Princess will help you set that up. If decide on a TA they will also be able to help you with this. It really is a very easy process.

It may be a little more costly but to me it is the easiest.:)

We normally take the shuttle and stay the previous night at a hotel near the airport. I have always gone from NY, FLL or LAX so this is my experience from there.

I phone Princess and buy separate transfers to the ship from the airport and from the ship to the airport.

On arriving at the airport we catch the normal shuttle provided by the hotel from the airport to the hotel, I check the website or phone the hotel to make sure there is a shuttle and how to catch it.

The next morning we catch the hotel shuttle back to the airport and make our way to the baggage area and find a princess rep. They will put us on the first available transfer bus although passengers arriving directly by plane have preference. Sometimes the wait is 20 minutes sometimes it is a couple of hours. The Princess greeters have always looked after us well and once you have checked in with them you are guaranteed to get onboard on time.

Assuming you have bought your transfer before departure, for leaving the ship you will receive transfer details a couple of days before returning to port.

OK, then -- if I understand the conversation here, I will have to telephone Princess to arrange for my transfers. I cannot do it online. Is that correct?

We are already booked for the cruise; I just neglected to tell Princess at the time that I wanted transfers (and hotel). Minor issues :rolleyes:. Ah, the ageing mind!

I think that's right, Oca. I went in to book tonight to see what I could learn BEFORE I actually have to confirm with payment - and the only time it would let me reserve transfers was if I booked my flight with them as well. I'm using airline miles for our tickets, so I don't want air, but I DO want the transfer. I "think" we have to call. I know there is a form online you can fill out, but what I can't figure out is where you tell them you're flying in and your flight info. As soon as you tell them you don't want to fly with their airfare, the transfer link disappears. :-( So many details!

OK, then -- if I understand the conversation here, I will have to telephone Princess to arrange for my transfers. I cannot do it online. Is that correct?

We are already booked for the cruise; I just neglected to tell Princess at the time that I wanted transfers (and hotel). Minor issues :rolleyes:. Ah, the ageing mind!

Correct.

And you can also book the ship-to-airport transfer while on the ship. Just go to the shore excursion desk early in or the middle of the cruise.

We've never cruised before but likely will this year on a Princess Cruisetour to Alaska.

Why would I want to go from the hotel back to the airport to catch the Princess shuttle to the port if I'm staying at a hotel near the port?? Sure, it would cost me something but a cab from a hotel near the port would have to be less than the Princess shuttle, plus the time, or what am I missing?

Thanks!!

We've never cruised before but likely will this year on a Princess Cruisetour to Alaska.

Why would I want to go from the hotel back to the airport to catch the Princess shuttle to the port if I'm staying at a hotel near the port?? Sure, it would cost me something but a cab from a hotel near the port would have to be less than the Princess shuttle, plus the time, or what am I missing?

Thanks!!

We took a Cruisetour several years ago. We flew into Anchorage and Princess met us at the airport. They transferred us to the hotel and then to the train the next day. After our return flight from Prudhoe Bay to ANC, we were again transferred to the hotel and again the next day to the ship.

The only transfers not included for the Cruisetour were in Vancouver at the the end of the cruise.

I think that's right, Oca. I went in to book tonight to see what I could learn BEFORE I actually have to confirm with payment - and the only time it would let me reserve transfers was if I booked my flight with them as well. I'm using airline miles for our tickets, so I don't want air, but I DO want the transfer. I "think" we have to call. I know there is a form online you can fill out, but what I can't figure out is where you tell them you're flying in and your flight info. As soon as you tell them you don't want to fly with their airfare, the transfer link disappears. :-( So many details!

you're right, when you don't choose airfare, the transfer link disappears.

i booked direct with princess for 2 of my kids who are flying on my points, and called princess to just get transfers. now i see the taxes went up by about $50 plus the transfers anchorage to whittier are $54, so for 5 of my family its over 500 to trx. i've emailed 3 companies to check fares and it looks like i can do it a lot cheaper than princess. (save around 300!)

i've always used princess trx as it is convenient and feels 'safer', but for the extra money this time, i think i need to go a different route.

hey! you could always do the b2b (like me!) and sail out of AND return to the same port. then you can fly out of the same port too!

hi billet,

no, i'm not doing well weaning off the cruises. maybe i need to start by weaning off cc? naw...can't do it. i may need to get a job onboard too!

and i'm afraid the addiction is getting worse. i'm contemplating south america! (so far waaaaay too expensive for solo but i keep looking). i'm never going to get ahead at this rate, but i'm having fun.

hey! and that bright light in the sky today? it was the SUN!!!! been a while since we've seen it!

Archived