Penthouses on Sky

kyshel

I'm looking at the Sky penthouses and I can't seem to get definitive answer on the AA and AB details. AA says sep bedroom but agent says it's not. AB says same but no confirmation.

Anyone have personal experience with either category? I am hoping to hear from events coordinator with more info--floor plan diagrams do not match the photos and VV. The cabin color scheme looks pretty horrid--are they really red and blue decor--spotted design carpet??

Thanks all!

Just a suggestion: If you are having trouble figuring out exactly what each cabin (you are considering) is like, maybe you might want to join Cruisestateroom.com. It costs like $13 for a lifetime membership and you can go on and see floorplans and pictures from the various ships/cabins. This helped me to make my decision. It is worth it.

www.Cruisestateroom.com

Good Luck.

thank you but I've just about had it with cruising. I miss the Norway!!That was our last cruise and we were on her with the explosions. End of an era!

We're just using up 2G of cruise credits. I doubt it would be worth spending money for something NCL should supply as free and accurate on their site!

Appreciate the referral in case I need it someday!

Are you ever so nice to reply so fast and with pics! so, the interior is NOT red and blue? wow--wonder what ship pics NCL is using?

we'll be 2 adults with 2 teens we want to keep at a little distance in same cabin--how about closet/drawer space?

the website says that cabin is 380ft2 and 200 for balcony--does that sound right?

thanks in advance for more answers!

We miss the Norway as well. We sailed her a month before the explosion.

The interior colors may have changed since 1/4/04....so red and blue it may be!

I do recall there was lots of storage in the hall behind the doorwalls and a few drawers in the bedroom.

The balcony door off the bedroom was a real treat. The wife slept with it open every night and the sounds of the wash aft was heavenly.

Note: make sure that you consider the fact that your curtains may not work all that well in concealing you in bed. We woke up more than one with the nose of another cruise ship right behind us in port. We would of course wake up and say Hi to the bridge crew behind us.

The bathroom has a shower with sliding doors separate from a 2 person whirlpool tub.

The balcony was friggin huge. I absolutely loved spending time there. Not very deep, but very long. There was a table with 2 chairs and 2 loungers as well.

The living room has a nice couch that woulf fol;d out a bed that would handle 2 kids nicely.

We were awakened each morning by the doorbell and the arrival of breakfast served by our 2 butlers. We had dinner in the cabin every night. It was heaven.

I was in an AB on the Sky back in October. We were very happy with the color scheme (I personally think it is calmer/tasteful looking than the colors we will have on the Pearl come December! :eek: ) We had 2 sliding glass doors on the balcony, new furniture was out there as well....the faux rattan stuff they sell now at patio centers. Room was way bigger than we are used to. Two people could be in the bathroom at the same time very easily. You could entertain a few new friends between the living area and balcony and not feel hemmed in the room. I would select that suite again with no problem!

Here is a link to some of our room pictures on the Sky.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568696906TgUmJl

again--thanks to islandgirlie--I see you're a champers fan!!

I'm just being very picky because the teens are my husband's kids and they can be a real pain--but in particular--REAL slobs! so, storage was important for them to stow their junk.

we are considering the AB and getting them a basic cabin elsewhere on the ship for the same as AA owner's suite, which they can "share" with us for recreation....as in Hot Tub!

I appreciate all the comments.

Archived