Out of these 6 ports, pick two to be a beach day

alba216

The family and I will be departing from San Juan September on a 7 day cruise to the S Caribbean. The cruise is port intensive, with no sea days. The only port we have an activity planned in so far is Barbados.

Day 1 - Depart

Day 2 - St Thomas

Day 3 - Dominica

Day 4 - Barbados

Day 5 - St Lucia

Day 6 - Antigua

Day 7 - St Kitts

Antigua-Beachs are awesome , rent some jet skis ,chairs and such, great lazy day. St. Thomas - Meagans Bay , get there early before it gets crowded .

I do the same cruise on March 22. I understand your confusion. I am also trying to break it all up with a couple relaxing beach days. I know I have to get back to Trunk Bay in St Johns. I spent a week in St Thomas when I was a teenager and went over there three times. It is so beautiful and i really want my partner to see it.

I am going to do a beach day in Barbados as well, but choosing one is very difficult. In Antigua I will hit the beach, but I really want to go all out there and do a helicopter tour of Montserrat. I am trying to nail down a reservation. Hopefully, we can do it early and get back in time to sit around at the Jolly Bay beach ( the helicopter tour takes off from there anyway).

I tell you, this is a hard itinerary to plan. Everytime I think I have it nailed down I do more research and find other things to do and see.

That is six beach days for me with other activies on each island too. Why spend a whole day doing either? You can't begin to see an island in a day so see the highlihgts, shop a bit and then hit the ebach. We do that all the time.

I would definitely recommend the Boatyard in Barbados for a superior beach day. Antigua would be another great choice, but if you want to snorkel, I'd say slip over to St. John's from St. Thomas stop. The snorkeling was awesome at the National Park area!

We will be on the same cruise next week, remember, you can always stay on the ship one day to have your sea day! That's what we are going to do in Dominica, been there twice already, so this will be a great day to stay onboard and just kick back. No beaches there to speak of.

We've been on this cruise twice and love all of these ports. I know you said only 2 beaches but my picks would be Coki Beach in St Thomas (plus you can do other things and spend a couple hours there); Antigua; and Barbados (we did Lobster Alive)! Have fun!

I have been to all except St. Kitts, and there is no way I would go to Barbados and not spend the day at the Boatyard. The water is unbelievable and the sand is pink. My second on this itinerary would be Megans Bay on St. Thomas. My all time # 1 is Orient Beach in St Martin, but Barbados is a close second. St. Lucia we zip lined, and Antigua it rained all day, so our beach day was a bust.

Barbados had a beach that was the Travel Channel's top 20 pick. It was the number 17 sexiest beach!

It was Crane Beach.

I think we'll go to Accra Beach when we're there. It's closer to the boat but still very nice.

The only Island that I've heard is NOT beach-worthy is Dominica. We're beach people too and we'll make the call when we get there. I heard Dominica is known for rain forests and stuff like that. :)

we're doing this cruise in July and here's what we're looking at:

St Thomas- Skyride, maybe Magan's Beach

Dominica- Champagne Reef, maybe something else

Barbados- probably Accra Beach, also I want to see the green Bajan monkeys

St Lucia- Carnival excursion "Volcanic Island Experience & Mud Bath"

Antigua- definite beach day, not sure where

St Kitts- no idea yet but I've read it's not a beachy island

Archived