London Area Family Hotel Help needed

• 2 weeks later...

The Luna & Simone near Victoria Station has a quad room that would be perfect for you. We stayed there last Sept. after a Baltic cruise. Twin brothers run the hotel and actually cook you breakfast (which is included). I beleive we paid close to $200 per night, but the exchange rate was $2 per pound. Google them and you can find plenty of info on them. Good Luck

Hi - London can be expensive travelling with kids, as many hotels don't have rooms that will accomodate 4 people.

I always use Priceline and bid around £65 per room per night, then call the hotel and ask for connecting rooms. I usually bid 4 star South Kensington area and never had a bad hotel or experience. With Priceline, you usually get the least desirable rooms in the hotel - eg - location beside the lifts, or haven't been refurbished. But South Kensington is a nice location for the museums etc.

We really enjoyed the Millenium Gloucester on one of our stays there. It was handy for walking to the Science Museum and National History Museum and the tube station. It is worth checking for deals in that hotel before you bid on Priceline.

For meals, we often use squaremeal.co.uk as you can reserve tables on line. They often have special offers such as two eat for one.

Scott, there comes a time when you must decide. Fortunately, often you can still change your decision. That is, a booked hotel or apartment may be able to be cancelled. Then another can be booked.

I have absolutely no interest in touting any advantage of the Citadines apartments, but if you click Google for "Citadines London" and then Google "map", you will see several locations. As you go to a larger scale you will also find tube stations and landmarks, such as museums, etc. For any apartment, I would much prefer a place which showed floor plans.

Our interest has been primarily for easy access to theaters, so we focus on hotels close to Piccadilly Line stations. That line goes to most of the theaters. But you probably have different priorities.

I wish I had more info about other locations, but I do know there is a large Supermarket next to the Gloucester Road tube station, as well as a Boots drug store, and an inexpensive restaurant or cafeteria. Elsewhere, Pubs are often best bets for good and reasonable food. They sometimes stop serving by about six, however.

Finally, I don't think the Hop-on, Hop-off buses have been mentioned. These may provide a reasonable cost transportation method to several sights each day. I think that if you first board a bus late afternoon, you will be able to go the next day at no additional cost.

Don't worry too much about where you stay in London. You will have a great time from anywhere.

Bob :cool:

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you have already booked ,but as previously mentioned PremierInn is always a good bet for families.You pay per room and 2 children under 16 get free breakfast.We use London Tower Bridge(my son lives across the road!)Very handy for Tower of London,London Dungeon .

PremierInn also have 2 for 1 offers for varrious attractions.

I want to thank everyone for the input and help on figuring out where to stay in London. GUESS WHAT!

After careful research, study, reading,thought,a visit to a fortune teller, and consulting the Cruisers Psychic Online self help website, I have finally chosen a hotel for this trip.:D

I will not keep any of you anxious readers waiting with baited breath!

QUE MUSIC NOW

We are staying at The Elizabeth Hotel. We were able to get a Quad room that actually has enough beds and they have a luggage room for our excess baggage.:D The price was awesome.

The Somalian Pirates have been defeated and I have a hotel!

I know the world will sleep better at night knowing I have gotten this taken care of!!

Thanks to everyone for their help.

I haven't a clue where to stay.

I don't think I can afford to stay in central London. The hotel prices for a family of 4 seem way up there.

I have talked to a few people who suggest that I should stay a little further out near a tube station and take a 20-30 minute into the city to do the ugly tourist thing.

There is a Holiday Inn Express (Express by Holiday Inn) next to the Acton Town Tube station.

Archived