45 Day Letter, 2 years later.

cruisinbuddy

Just wanted to let the good people of Cruise Critic know that my 45 day letter was dated Feb. 7 '07. I phoned them on Monday Jan 5, for our Sunday cruise and all went well. We're getting a bottle of Champagne. Other offerings were; wine, red or white, $15.00 photo coupon, 4 drink tickets, 4 soft drink tickets, chocolate dipped strawberries, or room decorations.

I received a letter in June 2008 and plan to use it this coming May. Wine will be my choice. Do you know if they will deliver it to the cabin or the dining room? Or do you have the choice? If we have it in the dining room, will they still charge the standard $10 corking fee?

Seeing that it's a bon voage gift, it will be in the cabin. I've read that if you take it to the dining room, tell the waiter that it was a gift from CCL, there shoudn't be a corkage fee. If you get a little card with it, take that to, to prove it.

Or what would we have done to get one?

Although this was your last question I will answer it first - you would have written a letter to Carnival to tell them about your cruise experience on a recent Carnival Cruise

What is a 45 day letter?

A letter from Carnival thanking you for your feedback, and advising you that they will give you a Bon Voyage gift on your next cruise, and you have to call within 45 days before your next cruise date to choose the gift, hence "45 day letter"

And how would we get one?

If you don't have one now, you will not get one - they stopped sending out that type of offer (although you may get a thank you letter!)

If you don't have one now, you will not get one - they stopped sending out that type of offer (although you may get a thank you letter!)

That's not true!.....I just received a 45 day letter a week or so ago....you can't take everything you read on CC as gospel!

That's not true!.....I just received a 45 day letter a week or so ago....you can't take everything you read on CC as gospel!

You don't have to shout! I got it, I got it. Do they really get sent out 45 days before sailing?

Take your letter with you on the cruise. I got a letter, called an gave them my order request for our cruise this past October...I'm still waiting for my champagne. It was never delivered. We went to the purser's desk and asked them about it and they didn't have a clue as to what we were talking about. Unfortunately, I didn't have my letter with me with the order/confirmation number, so we never got anything. It was/is a nice gesture on Carnival's part to offer a "gift."

Ouch! ;)

Do they really get sent out 45 days before sailing?

No, sorry if I didn't make it clear, the "45 day letter" that Carnival sends is in response to a letter that you have written to them following a previous Carnival cruise, as in the OP who received it 2 years ago, and I received mine in June 2008. In their letter they say you should call them within 45 days of your next Carnival cruise.

Take your letter with you on the cruise.

Good tip, thanks.

Ah- so I shouldn't hold my breath. I thought I remembered leaving a response (nearly a year ago now), everything was great except we never saw our room attendant- the couple of times we tried to call him we finally were told that he was at lunch. But it was hardly a deal breaker- we still had a great time and the room showed ample evidence of his presence.

I called for my letter right at 40 days prior (last month) and was told I would have a $25 OBC instead of a choice of gift! I was not given a confirmation number but did write down the name of the rep I spoke with. I am definitely taking my letter with me in 2 weeks!

I called for my letter right at 40 days prior (last month) and was told I would have a $25 OBC instead of a choice of gift! I was not given a confirmation number but did write down the name of the rep I spoke with. I am definitely taking my letter with me in 2 weeks!

It must depend on who you speak with. I called this week and was offered my choice of the wine, drink coupons, photo coupons, etc...

I chose the room decorations because I thought the kids would love it. But she did say I had to make a 2nd choice, in case the first wasn't available. If the $25 OBC was an option, I'd have chosen that! :D

It just depends. First time I wrote, I got a thank you letter. Second time, I got a letter that specified that we each would get a $25 OBC. Third time, I got the same sort of letter specifying a $25 each OBC. Called within the 45 days, wrote down my confirmation number, had a notice in my cabin stating that they had been applied to our S&S cards.

Wrote when I got home from Fascination and haven't heard back, yet.

Now, I had "issues" on Miracle and Glory (although I didn't write just to complain; I also praised specific crew members and stated what I most and least enjoyed).

If all I get this time is a Thank You letter, that's just fine. I don't write thinking I'm going to get a freebie. I actually suspect that they may have stopped with the freebies because everyone who received a letter would come here and brag about it, which generated all the "What is a 45-day letter" posts, which generated more people writing just to try to get something free, and on and on.

The sharing of information is a good thing. The advertising about how to get something for nothing may not be!

As noted, this isn't true. It was a comment by one CC'er who didn't receive a 45 day letter.

I guess i lucked out that i got 25pp for a total of 50 dollars OBC. I did name names though, cabin steward, waiters, CD, etc. It was about two typed pages. Things i liked, things i didnt like, and areas they could improve with cost and low to no cost.

I think they are being more selective about who gets the 45 day letters. You send two paragraphs that are just type in the hope of getting a 45 day letter gets you nothing. However if you sit down and type out a well thought out thanks, review, suggestions etc they will still thank you with a 45 day letter.

I guess i lucked out that i got 25pp for a total of 50 dollars OBC. I did name names though, cabin steward, waiters, CD, etc. It was about two typed pages. Things i liked, things i didnt like, and areas they could improve with cost and low to no cost.

I think they are being more selective about who gets the 45 day letters. You send two paragraphs that are just type in the hope of getting a 45 day letter gets you nothing. However if you sit down and type out a well thought out thanks, review, suggestions etc they will still thank you with a 45 day letter.

I recently, wrote a paragraph and got the letter, then again I didnt write in anticipation of getting anything out of it.

Archived