Carnival Spirit open seating?

bbiggar

Does the Spirit offer open seating on the night it is in Acupulco? Also what is the dress code for that night? When we sailed to Aruba in the past they had open dinner seating and shorts were allowed in the dining room and wondering if this is the same case.

Thanks Chud, Seems to me only the Destiny does this. I think it is a good idea to have open seating on the nights when the ship is in port late, that way you still can eat in the dining room if you happen to get back too late or want to eat a little earlier. We are not willing to eat in the lido dining for dinner, just isn't our style and love the menu in the regular dining room.

Bbiggar, Just keep in mind that the sailing we were on was that one that the timing was all off and it didn't have the Ixtapa stop. We didn't get into ACA until right about dinner time so they had regular seating. I started thinking about that after I replied to your post and realized that for you guys it might be open seating because you get in quite a bit earlier than we did. We nee to hear from someone that's recently come back. I'll ask a few and let you know. Chud

Bbiggar, Just keep in mind that the sailing we were on was that one that the timing was all off and it didn't have the Ixtapa stop. We didn't get into ACA until right about dinner time so they had regular seating. I started thinking about that after I replied to your post and realized that for you guys it might be open seating because you get in quite a bit earlier than we did. We nee to hear from someone that's recently come back. I'll ask a few and let you know. Chud

Hey Chud, how ya doin?!!!!

Just back from the Spirit and even though we didn't attend dinner on the ship that night I check my capers, its open seating 6 PM to 8:30 PM

Welcome back Frequent Floater.

What was your experience with vibration on the ship? Did you notice it in the Supper Club? I read your review -- nice job. Seems like you had a nice time. Just wondered if you found the vibration stronger than on past cruises.

Did that Asian singer in the Supper Club do his rendition of Louis Armstrong's Hello Dolly? It was good wasn't it?

Did you or any in your party check out that little beach on the other side of the port in Manzanillo? The ship people indicated they were going to try it on the second cruise (we were on the first Mex. Riveria of the season and they were unaware then) If so, let me know what you thought.

Our paticular sailing was amazinly smooth. I have NEVER been on the pacific when it was that way, just amazing that week. Our aft wrap around cabin didin't have much motion, vibration or squeeks.

The supper club was famtastic. We went there the very first night at 7:30 which apparently is unusal. It is not open unless there are at least 12 persons with reservations. Have of my group went so we were the only 20 in the place making it even more enjoyable. We had a woman singer that was great, she took requests from us all night.

We did indeed walk over to the beach you so kindly sent me photos and a most detailed map of. Unfortunatly several in the group wanted to shop and this area did not have that. I personally would have liked to stay but with 40 others it was off to Miramar Beach, which was ok.

You gave me so much great info and I so appreciated having it all that I hope to also help others.

Thanks again

Renee

Archived