Sandy Lane Beach

kathylee

It's not easy to even get in there. Maybe a good idea is to have a lunch reservation. The guard at the gate will let you in if you're name is on the list for the restaurant. It's a very small beach anyway - filled with resort guests. You can't use the chairs or umbrellas - guests only.

• 3 weeks later...
They say it was beautifully calm as the reef kind of circles out and encloses it

- which provides good snorkelling and great swimming.

Somehow that sounds like Sandy Beach to me -on the South Coast

and many miles away from Sandy Lane, on the West Coast

...even if your pictures above confirm that you did do Sandy Lane...

yes aplmac, I had asked friends prior to our cruise what they could tell me about their trip last yr, and then I couldn't recall if they had been on Sandy Lane OR Sandy Beach.

Our Cat cruised up the west coast and we enjoyed Sandy Lane last week which definitely did not have the reef encircling it. And my DH made comment on how the room cost per night was in the 000's, but did not have the exclusivity of a private beach for that price.

BTW aplmac, I had thoroughly enjoyed your pics of Barbados prior to our cruise, and had plans of taking the "east coast road" to see Bathsheba and then Crane beach with a taxi. We got to Bathsheba, but disappointedly did not see the infamous Crane....or any of the south coast due to time restraints. Will have to return someday....

BTW aplmac, I had thoroughly enjoyed your pics of Barbados prior to our cruise,

and had plans of taking the "east coast road" to see Bathsheba and then Crane beach with a taxi.

We got to Bathsheba, but disappointedly did not see the infamous Crane....or any of the south coast due to time restraints.

Will have to return someday....

Truthfully, you need 4 days to a week staying in a hotel on the island

to do it properly

Boardwalk-08.jpg

..and there's a lot to do on Barbados..it's not just an idle little island like some of the others.

I mean there's stuff like this...

Sundial-23.jpg

and this....

Spiral-44.jpg

to explore...(St.John's Parish Church)

it's not all beaches! :)

Crane-778.jpg

You missed Crane (this shot on an unusually-calm day)

Ahhhh, yes, Crane Beach. We'll be visiting again in February.

aplmac, great pic of Crane Beach...it wasn't that calm the day we were there. I loved the beach and the water....I think I had a few buckets of sand in my bathing suit after swimming. We loved every minute of it!

Ahhhh, yes, Crane Beach. We'll be visiting again in February.

aplmac, great pic of Crane Beach...it wasn't that calm the day we were there. ===> Of course not.

I loved the beach and the water....I think I had a few buckets of sand in my bathing suit after swimming.

We loved every minute of it!

That pic above was taken late Aug. in Hurricane Season, when the weather goes all back to front.

Like I mentioned, unusual conditions!

Crane usually is more like this(as you remember it).. :D

Crane-030.jpg

gorgeous pics aplmac...esp St John's Parish church.

Yeah, I could do a week on your island....it wouldn't hurt me at all....and Crane beach is still calling my name......

Here's an absent-minded Dove in church...

SJCh-33Dove.jpg

Cantstayhome-

It looks like we went to a lot of the same islands, and the same places on those islands. On Barbados we did the whole east coast thing, including North Point, Bathsheba, and The Crane. The east coast was awesome, and I really enjoyed getting away from all the crowds of people associated with the Caribbean coast. We thought North Point was incredible. I could have stayed there for hours. Our driver thought we were crazy for thinking that we would want to stay there for more than 15 minutes, but we proved her wrong.

Crane Beach was beautiful: everything I thought it would be. It was alot different from Jalouise, but just as remarkable. The cruise we had originally booked departed from Barbados, and we had booked 3 days pre-cruise at The Crane. When we changed cruises to one that departed from Fort Lauderdale, we sadly had to cancel our stay at The Crane. When the economy gets back to normal, then we definitely want to do a stay at The Crane.

Hey, where did you go on Antigua. We probably went there too, LOL.

Antigua...sigh...it was a fantastic day.

We went with Creole Cruises for the day...1 hr speed ride across the Caribb/Atlantic to I think, Bird Island. Snorkelled...chased a sting ray (not too close mind you) had BBQ lobster on the beach, suntanned, saw Oprah's Antiguan home, snorkled again in a star fish seabed.

It was one of the highlites of our cruise!

Archived