To crazycruiseone~~~

Martita B.

Thought while it's so dark, dreary, rainy and cold here I'd just post this!

Seabourn Sailor's Fudge (A nice gift to take to your housekeeper)

1 box (8 oz.) Velvetta Cheese

1 c. butter (or oleo)

2 lbs (2 box's) powered sugar

1/2 c. cocoa

2 t. vanilla

1 c. chopped pecans

Melt cheese and butter in Microwave for 1 1/2 min,'s (until melted) in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the powered sugar and the cocoa (I mix these together) Add vanilla and nuts. Spread in a buttered 13X9 pan. Chill

VOLIA! This is THE best fudge recipe I have ever had! And so quick and easy!

(helps if your pecans are fresh home grown)

Happy Sailing!

MB

Martha B.

Velveeta in fudge?

Have you been taste testing the egg nog recipe for your upcoming social? (only kidding).

As they say don't knock it till you try it. So I guess it's off to the store for Velveeta.

I will let you know what I think after I make and of course taste it.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo~~~I sift my 2 box's of powered sugar......then stir in my cocoa.

This is the BESTEST fudge in the world! (of course, NO Velvetta taste at all)

It's a great holiday gift.......and so quick!

NO I have not been tastin' anything today! I should though......it's very dark, gloomy, cold and rainy in West Texas! It's no fun!

Good luck with the Seabourn fudge!

MB

mcboo.....Martha doesn't use Velveeta.....she uses Velvetta....there's a world of difference.....you'll taste the difference......try it, you'll see!!!

PS to Martha.....keep that 8/28/05 thread off the floor while me and my BW give Radisson a "shot" next Sunday, the 21st, from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale....a 15 day Med. and crossing!!

YES, we use Velvet-ta in West Texas......makes the fudge so much smoother! Hahaha

What Rad ship? I am sorry that Mark Conroy, et al, will be giving up the 'lit Diamond! Wish that Carnival had bought it (even though it's old......) and given it to us! I thought it a neat vessel.......especially in the Caribbean.

Have fun and have safe, smooth seas!

We'll hold the fort down for you!

MB

Thanks for the recipe--yum, yum! Only problem is that in a week will be on our favorite ships and fear extra calories at this time--cannot cook and not eat all in sight myself! Champagne and caviar call! Any news from the Legendary Lunatics on the Crossing? They must be having too much fun to

think about all of us!

crazycruiseone~~~I heard from Dr. S~~~~I know they are ALL very involved with their Trivia! I haven't heard from the M's (N.C.).....they had mentioned to me that around 15 fun Brits would be on board. Don't you know they are all "terrorizing?" Hahaha Bet they're having a blast!

As to the fudge.....this is a wonderful Christmas gift for neighbors, friends, etc. Try it .......and so quick and easy.

When are you leaving for the Carib?

I am so READY to be in the sunshine~~~I don't like these cold, dark days! I talked to a good friend yesterday in Ft. Laud.......he just snickered at me...and said, "well, it's 80 degrees here and the sun is in full shine!

Have a good Sunday!

MB

chairsin~~~~this is "off topic".

I'm sure you're aware that Dr. Andrew Weil is located in Tucson. I think he is a super brilliant fellow. If I were sick I believe I would head straight for his Clinic.....he used to frequent the Oprah Winfrey shows and is on Larry King quite often........Oh yeah, it's mind, body and spirit!" (and a good attitude)

I've been busy finalizing the Pride "Eggnog Social" party-hat gear! And YES, the ship's photograher has already been alerted to be in the Constellation Lounge at 6:30, Thurs., Dec. 16th.......Yee-Haw!

(in West Texas, it's still rainy, gloomy, pitch-dark and ugly!)

MB

Yes, I was aware that the good doctor is here in town -- hopefully we will have no need of his services -- we exercise a lot, eat healthy ( except when on Seabourn) and try to keep a positive outlook!!! Also off topic, I thought of you Sat. when we took a drive to an art festival in Tubac south of town and drove past Green Valley -- we waved to your friend -- maybe you should find an excuse to visit her when the Tejas weather gets you down.

And if that recipie had been posted by anyone other than yourself I would have thought it was a joke -- sorry, I won't try the recipie until after the cruise.

Four weeks from today we will be in on the open seas with all of our new Seabourn friends -- both crew and passengers. Yea!!!

chairsin~~~~I'll bring my friends address in Green Valley. I think 'yall would enjoy them! You already have SEABOURN in common! And I'll e-mail them also. They are fine and funny!

As I posted, the fudge is just a nice 'lit recipe to have on hand for the upcoming holidays......

Have a good week!

MB

Jane~~~I have had the sweetest Housekeepers.....one cruise Mother and I were staying in 232 and my Brother next door in 234......his Housekeeper was Anna.......well, my Brother fell in LOVE! Had she been a 'lit older (or he, younger) she just might have come home to Texas with us........about 5 months later, we boarded and THERE was Anna........a PURSOR! We were thrilled! Anna left Seabourn a few years ago, is now married and has a baby.......we still e-mail often! I sure miss sweet Anna! (many may remember her)

I always take "love gifts" to my stewardess! And of course, always a tiara!

MB

I have been reading your board for a bit of time. I think it is to hopefully one day fullfill a dream, but anyway, I know from reading the board that Martha is a hoot. I do hope one day to be on one of her cruises and have the opportunity to share in one of her theme parties and to make a toast with her in our tiaras. But I am having a hard time wraping my brain around this fudge recipe. Is it really for real? It seems simple enough, but cheese in fudge. Seems strange.

Juli~~~do book a Seabourn voyage! But, I must warn you now......once Seabourn, always Seabourn! Just the price we pay for the most luxurious, 6* vessels afloat! Truly unforgettable sailings!

I laugh and say, "you don't know whether you're steppin' into reality or steppin' OUT!" Always it's, "la dolce vita!".......

As to the fudge.......yes, it's the real thing"........I bought a cookbook from some "Junior Leaguer's" and this was one of their favorite recipes.......I can well understand why. It's delicious! I have fresh right off the trees pecans, which makes it even more mouth-watering!

Book a Seabourn Yacht voyage and don't forget your "flashing light TIARA!"

(these are usually only worn at our Sail-a-brations in the Sky Bar----we don't don flashing-lights in the dining room! Hahaha)

Have fun and Happy Holidays!

MB

Archived