Shogun Live From The Sea Princess

Shogun

Hi Marillee,

Luggage is collected outside cabin and is not seen until we landed in UK, there is no check in at airport as this is done on ship.

Customs comes on board at 7.30am and passports get stamped.

Airport is 1000% times improved loads of shops things to eat etc.

Still need to board a bus to take you to plane, very very lucky that we were in side plane when thunder storm arrived.

yours Shogun

Thanks for your updates. We are looking at Alaska on the Sea Princess, so I have a question.

Do they have the usual Trivia games each day. DH loves to participate in them. Thanks, Shirley

My thanks also for the updates, Shogun. We are looking forward to sailing on her in June to Alaska. Your reports have helped prepare me as to what to expect on this 10 year old ship. :)

(Shirley, we've booked the Sea Princess round trip S.F.)

Hi There CursinMinine,

The only thing not working was a lift but fitters working on it, throughout cruise,

ship is clean, lots of painting, bits of welding etc,

Carpets looked very good overall, if you want to find faults then you will, there are bits of warning tape over a broken tile, a worn edge etc, same with doors etc there are scuff marks,

I did hear complaints but she is not the Emerald or Ruby.

You will have a great cruise on a ship that is setting high levels of service.

yours Shogun

Hi All,

1st time poster and cruiser here. We are leaving Cardiff on the 14th bound for the Sea Princess. Hope you can answer a couple of questions that I have.

Do you think it would be best to wear a DJ on the formal nights or a dark suit don't want to be out of place if I pick the wrong option

Picked up the tickets yesterday included in that was the shipboard account details would you advise to tick the option to accept the exchange rate when the amounts are charged to the card or when the card is billed to me.

What is the cost of internet access on board

Finally any trips that could be recommended.

sorry for all the questions. have to say all the above postings are most helpful

Hi Shogun. We are sailing on the 14th March for my DH 65th birthday. I would be obliged if you could give my a rough price of drinks on board. Many thanks

I was on the Sea Princess, the week before and Shogun's first week.

Drinks prices where Cocktails $6.25 - 6.75 + 15% gratuity. Beer $5.50 - 6.50 + 15% gratuity. Can't remember the price for shorts as we didn't drink any, but I think they were the similar price to beer.

Hope this helps

David

Hi All,

1st time poster and cruiser here. We are leaving Cardiff on the 14th bound for the Sea Princess. Hope you can answer a couple of questions that I have.

Do you think it would be best to wear a DJ on the formal nights or a dark suit don't want to be out of place if I pick the wrong option

I'd say 90% of people wore a DJ on the 3rd Jan - 17th Jan cruise on the Sea Princess.

Picked up the tickets yesterday included in that was the shipboard account details would you advise to tick the option to accept the exchange rate when the amounts are charged to the card or when the card is billed to me.

We did it so it was charged to our card in $'s and then converted by the CC Company. Check my bill last night over the phone and it still hasn't been charged to my account yet, and that's from the 17th!!!

sorry for all the questions. have to say all the above postings are most helpful

Hi All,

Welcome Ray to the wonderful world of Cruise Critics :)

Choose whichever option you feel most comfortable with! Wear a dickie with dark suit or DJ.

Picked up the tickets yesterday included in that was the shipboard account details would you advise to tick the option to accept the exchange rate when the amounts are charged to the card or when the card is billed to me. If you are using Nationwide or a card that doesn't charge you for foreign exchange you definately want to be charged in dollars!

You buy internet packages to suit your pocket 250 minutes for $100, they also have happy hour (double minute times) :D

Ray have a look at the 'ports of call board' for recommendations - we had a great tour with Levi Baron in Dominica (bumpling tours)A very nice Princess River rafting tour in Jamaica. If you are going to Samana use a Princess tour because when you come ashore everything is so expensive! We booked a tour that was cancelled through lack of interest at $69, when we went ashore it would have cost $120 just to get there by taxi :eek:

We were on Sea Princess too 9-25 Jan, got to meet the one and only Shogun, Caber, Newport Dave (can I get your email from Helen?) Everton and Evertonettes had a great time, hope you do too!

Sue :)

Hi There,

Tours are a hard area to call, if you have never been to an island then you want to do some thing, but then you may have a list of things you want to do like a dolphin swim, with 12 ports in 14 days it could cost more than the cruise and you would need a holiday to recover.

However,

Tortola Dolphin Swim, Or Virgin Gorda or Both.

St Kitts Brimstone Hill Fort

Antigua Island tour stopping at Nelsons Dock Yard

Saint Maarten Shops and beech

Samana whale watching

Isla maragaita 4x4 island tour

Grenada Tour

Jamica Cool Runnings or River raft,

all depends what you want, you could plan an wild life cruise visting bird reserves, jungles etc, you could go active doing zip lines and river tubing

the best thing to do is plan a head, work out a mix of things, some ship tours, some local taxi tours, some just walk to things.

Now have cold thanks to bloke on plane coughing etc. The joys of long distance flying

yours Shogun

Hi There CursinMinine,

The only thing not working was a lift but fitters working on it, throughout cruise,

ship is clean, lots of painting, bits of welding etc,

Carpets looked very good overall, if you want to find faults then you will, there are bits of warning tape over a broken tile, a worn edge etc, same with doors etc there are scuff marks,

I did hear complaints but she is not the Emerald or Ruby.

You will have a great cruise on a ship that is setting high levels of service.

yours Shogun

A little bit of maintenance/repair work doesn't bother me in the least. It will, of course, be different from my last two cruises which were on the Crown Princess. But, from your posts I don't think I will be disappointed in the least with the Sea Princess. Of course, I'll be on a cruise so why should one be disappointed with anything? Thank you again for all of your information on the Sea Princess.

Hi There,

Tours are a hard area to call, if you have never been to an island then you want to do some thing, but then you may have a list of things you want to do like a dolphin swim, with 12 ports in 14 days it could cost more than the cruise and you would need a holiday to recover.

However,

Tortola Dolphin Swim, Or Virgin Gorda or Both.

St Kitts Brimstone Hill Fort

Antigua Island tour stopping at Nelsons Dock Yard

Saint Maarten Shops and beech

Samana whale watching

Isla maragaita 4x4 island tour

Grenada Tour

Jamica Cool Runnings or River raft,

all depends what you want, you could plan an wild life cruise visting bird reserves, jungles etc, you could go active doing zip lines and river tubing

the best thing to do is plan a head, work out a mix of things, some ship tours, some local taxi tours, some just walk to things.

Now have cold thanks to bloke on plane coughing etc. The joys of long distance flying

yours Shogun

Hi Guys you are all very helpful and I am thankful for all your replies it has given us plenty to consider. Only a couple for questions mainly for the wives piece of mind.

Is there a good supply of shower gel etc in the cabin

Are beach towels available if you go off the ship

Hi Guys you are all very helpful and I am thankful for all your replies it has given us plenty to consider. Only a couple for questions mainly for the wives piece of mind.

Is there a good supply of shower gel etc in the cabin YES!

Are beach towels available if you go off the ship YES!

Now plan your tours and be off with you ;)

Wow that was a quick reply. best to do some work me thinks.

Cheers All

Hi Ray

Just one thought to add. We don't like, for many reasons, ship organised tours and try to use local tour operators whenever possible. The ports of call forums on this site have masses of ideas for every port. For Jamaica, I strongly recommend Phil Lafayette, who gave us an unforgettable day out. I am sure there is plenty about him on that board.

By the way, are you by any chance a football referee, as I am !!

Hi Ray

Just one thought to add. We don't like, for many reasons, ship organised tours and try to use local tour operators whenever possible. The ports of call forums on this site have masses of ideas for every port. For Jamaica, I strongly recommend Phil Lafayette, who gave us an unforgettable day out. I am sure there is plenty about him on that board.

By the way, are you by any chance a football referee, as I am !!

Hi with regards to the trips we land in Jamaica on the 14th so don't think we will be in the right frame of mind for a trip after the long flight etc.

Yes I finished two years ago I was a referee on the Welsh Premier I am orginally from Kent and used to officate on the Ryman league..small world eh ?

Hi with regards to the trips we land in Jamaica on the 14th so don't think we will be in the right frame of mind for a trip after the long flight etc.

Yes I finished two years ago I was a referee on the Welsh Premier I am orginally from Kent and used to officate on the Ryman league..small world eh ?

A very small world. I too served on the Ryman until 1990 and then became invoved with Yeading FC. Do we know each other perhaps (does name below help) ?

Welcome to cruising and Princess. I'm sure you'll have a great holiday

Colin S

We were on Sea Princess too 9-25 Jan, got to meet the one and only Shogun, Caber, Newport Dave (can I get your email from Helen?) Everton and Evertonettes had a great time, hope you do too!

Sue :)

Hi Sue..

Hope you and Jeff had a great second week, no problem with the email.

PS..booked our next cruise already, for Jacki's birthday in november..Fort Lauderdale to LA via Panama Canal on the Coral....

David

How strange I moved to Cardiff in 1992. The guys on the list were Steve Bennett, Andy Durso, Jon Beadle, Bill Stoneman I am sure there are loads more who names escape me.

Ellingham

I think we may not know each other although it's an amazing coincidence. I do know Steve and Andy although haven't seen them in a long while.

I would be happy to answer any questions offline if you wish. I have been on Princess many times and am a great fan. If this appeals, just let me have your email and I will be in touch

Colin

Archived