Caye Caulker ?’s

HAULNTA

I’m on the Carnival Legend in March. The Belize stop is Thursday, Mar 26 8:00am to 5:00pm

I’m looking at doing Coral Breeze's Caye Caulker $75 Snorkel Tour with Lunch.

Is there enough time, without being rushed, to do this 4.5 hour tour considering the long tender ride to and from the ship?

Also, please share any experiences, good or bad, with this excursion, or other Caye Caulker experiences.

Thank you

I did this excursion (or a similar one billing shark swim) from C. Miracle doing lunch on Caye Caulker; we really enjoyed it. Caye Caulker is genuine 'old caribbean' and Coral Breezes runs a good show. They're pros - our boat begain to suffer engine problems that slowed our return a bit and Coral Breezes very quickly had a second boat shadowing us 'just in case' (they were keenly aware of the ship's departure tume). It proved to be no problem.

My daughter considered this one (if not #1) of our best ever ports - of about 10 caribbean cruises...

I'm booked on this excursion next month while on the Miracle. I am not worried at all about the time. They have a rather detailed itinerary published on their website and I'm sure they stick to it.

From all the reviews I've read, everyone seems to have good things to say and no issues reported about even coming close to missing the ship. I'm really looking forward to it in a few weeks!

Hi we did this tour mid December with Coral Breeze. We really enjoyed Caye Caulkner but not so much the snorkelling part of the tour. There were far too many people on the boat and they tried to keep us altogether when snorkelling which resulted in fins and people in your face all the time. There was also quite a strong current which my DH found difficult. At the second snorkelling stop most people didn't get off the boat, with so many people everything took so long, the boat was chaos with people and all their stuff and snorkelling gear. It was such a pity as the crew were fantastic. When we first checked in before we left I asked how many people would be on the boat and they said 19 with some not snorkelling so I wasn't too worried as i had read a few negatives about too many people but 45 minutes later when we left on the tour there were something like 26 of us on the boat.

I would use Coral breeze again but would want to know exactly how many people they would be taking.

Hi we did this tour mid December with Coral Breeze. We really enjoyed Caye Caulkner but not so much the snorkelling part of the tour. There were far too many people on the boat and they tried to keep us altogether when snorkelling which resulted in fins and people in your face all the time. There was also quite a strong current which my DH found difficult. At the second snorkelling stop most people didn't get off the boat, with so many people everything took so long, the boat was chaos with people and all their stuff and snorkelling gear. It was such a pity as the crew were fantastic. When we first checked in before we left I asked how many people would be on the boat and they said 19 with some not snorkelling so I wasn't too worried as i had read a few negatives about too many people but 45 minutes later when we left on the tour there were something like 26 of us on the boat.

I would use Coral breeze again but would want to know exactly how many people they would be taking.

Interesting...thank you for the information. I had not read about them overcrowding before. Maybe I'll send them an email and see if they will tell me how many are signed up currently. I don't need to kick or get kicked by fins when I'm out there! What would you say would be a comfortable number of people on the boat they use?

• 2 weeks later...

We went last March with Coral Breeze and didn't have any problems..the boat was not overcrowded then. After eating lunch on Caye Caulker we didn't have a lot of time left, maybe an hour. We are sailing again this March and are thinking about doing the trip again. I am also interested if they have a cap on how many people can go!

We used coralbreeze tours this week in Belize. We decided not to snorkel as the water was cool. They are organized and follow the schedule on their website! We met at the Wet Lizard at 9 AM. Their boat is in great shape. Crew friendly! Four of us decided to stay on Caye Caulker, having never been there. They dropped us off and we were told to meet them at 1PM and we did. We rented a golf cart and drove around the island. The water is beautiful. We had lunch at a nice restaurant (there are several to choose from) and shopped a bit. The island is rustic-no cars, just golf carts and bicycles. We promptly left to be back at the Wet Lizard. The trip back to the wet Lizard is 45 minutes long. We were on RCC, but many others were on Carnival. It was a great excursion and I also was concerned about time, but it worked out great.

We were on the Legend in November, took the San Pedro water taxi to Caye Caulker.

We had booked with Tsunami Adventures and it was a Wonderful experience, I would highly recommend them. There were only the four in our group, we seen a Moray Eel,two Octopus, Lobsters, and the Corral was breathtaking. We were not rushed, but would have loved to spend more time in Caye Caulker, just remember the ship time will be different than Belize time.

Do not worry about the time at disposal... from the dock within 5 mnts walk you are at the smaller boats dock to take the boat to Caye Caulker..it takes 40-45 mnts appx but the island is so charming and water around terribly blue.

You will have time enough for the excursion and to go back to the ship on time. White sandy beaches and nice bars on them or local restaurants to have a wonderful lunch!

Much better island than San Pedro...

Do not worry about the time at disposal... from the dock within 5 mnts walk you are at the smaller boats dock to take the boat to Caye Caulker..it takes 40-45 mnts appx but the island is so charming and water around terribly blue.

You will have time enough for the excursion and to go back to the ship on time. White sandy beaches and nice bars on them or local restaurants to have a wonderful lunch!

Much better island than San Pedro...

I agree.. we loved Caye Caulker! Would like to spend a week there!

I read in a different post that you can get to Caye Caulker by water taxi out of Belize City. Has anyone done this? We'd like to try maybe a snorkeling excursion from C.C. or even some from any of the local beach hotels/restaurants. Is there a site to find the water taxi schedule?

Many thanks!

I read in a different post that you can get to Caye Caulker by water taxi out of Belize City. Has anyone done this? We'd like to try maybe a snorkeling excursion from C.C. or even some from any of the local beach hotels/restaurants. Is there a site to find the water taxi schedule?

Many thanks!

Just google Caye Caulker Water Taxi and you will find their website. They run fairly often. We're looking at this option also. You can make reservations online, but I'd love to hear from others if it's really necessary. Just wondering how easy it is to just walk up or if they are likely to sell out.

We will be on the Spirit March 1-8. We too are planning the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Can anyone reccomend a restaurant for lunch. We are planning to just chill at the Split.

We will be on the Spirit the next week (March 8-15)...we thought of doing the same thing. We can't make up our mind about what to do in Belize. Let me know if you took the water taxi to Caye Caulker and how it was. Have you used it before? Can you snorkel at the split? (Last March we used Coral Breeze and snorkeled, then hung around Caye Caulker.)

We also went to Belize last winter. We also took the snorkeling trip to Caye Caulker and then wandered around a bit. We decided this year we wanted to be there longer and I have read on the boards and Caye Caulker site that there is a nice beach and some minor snorkeling at the split. The water taxi seems to run on a schedule. Hope it does.

My husband and I will be on the NCL Spirit sailing 2/22/09 and would like to water taxi over to Caye Caulker and find a company there to snorkel with. Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions? I am trying to avoid booking with a company in Belize City and waiting for hours for the rest of the group to show or having them have to wait on us depending how lucky we get with the tendering process.

seems caye caulker is the place to be. my wife and i are looking to find a nice beach with lounges, umbrellas, and refreshments with a relaxing atmosphere.

anyone know of such a place on caye caulker, or some where else in Belize?

we're cruising on the navigator of the seas.

Archived